• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making you a better Sonic player

twilightmystery

Smash Rookie
Its extremely good to have two dashes because of the stale-move negation. Believe me I've done tests and the stale-move negation is one of the most important things in Brawl. If a Fox keeps doing his forward smash on you then you'll keep surviving, but if Fox dies and comes back and uses his f-smash again then its a huge KO. So in other words it is best to take attacks when you have low percentage so when you have high percentage opponents won't knock you off the stage with the same attack because hitting a shield doesnt decrease the damage of moves. This kind of gives characters with many KO moves an advantage, but the stale-move negation is extremely important in Brawl. Now to discuss Sonic.
With his two spin dashes if one starts getting weaker from overuse then you can switch to another one that is at full power. Also you should use Sonic's f-smash when the opponent has a high percentage to ensure a KO. With the stale-move negation, Sonic's f-smash gets stronger the more you go without it. This applies to all characters. If you have any questions about stale-move negation, feel free to ask. It is that important. :)

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
This reminds me of how we were able to reset overused attacks by wavedashing in Melee. But wavedashing isnt in Brawl so nevermind lol. Just me thinking as I type.

Sonic's buzzsaw moves may look alike but both have different properties. I mean for me, if I wanted something fast, and/or able to tech chase, id use his down-b. Or if I wanted a combo starter, id use his side-b. Both of these attacks id hardly ever use if the guy im fighting is standing though.

Back to your stale move negation. Do you think there's a glitch to reset stale overused attacks?

twilightmystery

Smash Rookie
Its possible but I've yet to find one. A glitch really isn't needed anyways since the stale-move negation is reset after you lose a life or it recovers over time.

Top Bottom