• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making my Wario better. Need tips!

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
So I love Wario. I wanted him in since Smash Bros Day 1. I love the way he plays and I find him hilarious but also really effective. But I need a couple of pointers to boost my Wario game. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1.) How do I beat a projectile camper? I know I can wheelie on the bike, but then the camper sees me coming and just hits me off as I pass by.

2.) I know it sounds dumb, but I can't jump off my bike till I'm off the side of the stage. I can try and change directions and fall off but how do I jump off the bike when I'm on the ground. I have a bad habit of always wheeling, so is that my problem?

3.) Whats the best way to make an approach? Should I stick to the air or rush in on my bike?

4.) I typically only use the back throw so I can save my forward throw as a KO, is there anything special about the up and down throw?

5.) I'm having trouble figuring out the range of the Bite and how to use it effectivley. Any tips?

Thanks a bunch guys.

JonnyManya

Smash Apprentice
1. Use the bike. I know you said that your opponent hits you, but try to be unpredictible with it. Try to get close to him/her and jump off the bike (By pressing X or Y dunno what it is for the Wii Remote) and dair, nair, or even waft him/her. Mind Gamez.
2. Look above =P
3. There is one thing that I really hate about Wario.
He has no range.
Due to this, I always play Wario on defence, however when my opponent comes to me I go all out on him/her. Over smash or upsmash out of shield is VERY important. His over smash gets alot of KO's so use it wisely. Use your bike as a surprise attack, but don't be predictible with it. Maybe (Not always now mind you) use nair, dair, or fair when approching your opponent. Or maybe short hop to a bite.
4. I don't usally use the up throw or down throw much, but as far as I know (I think) with the down throw you can waft your opponent pretty good, and also dair him or even combo him (?)
Sorry, don't know much about his throws. However use his forward throw for KO's.
5. His bite can do alot of things. He can eat everything item in the game, even his bike (seriously, it's a good way of getting rid of your bike too). You can use it to suicide kill people like kirbys suck in (the B move). But when you bite someone, try to bite them as much as you can (By pressing B repidly) before letting go of them. Not so sure about the range, but don't use his bite too much it could be predictible =/

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
1. I try not to use the bike as much because it becomes too predictable after a while. Wario's forward air has a lot of priority on physical projectiles. That includes arrows, boomerangs, and samus/snake missiles. A few exceptions would also include fireballs, not fully charged blasts from samus/lucario, and lucas/ness pk thunders (great for gimping recoveries if you can kill it :)). All energy based projectiles will be taken out by his bike.

2) You cant jump off your bike if you are doing a wheelie.

3) Mix it up, generally I think an air approach is really good because you have a bunch of options.

4) Nothing special about up throws. Down throws are nice because they have low knockback, and you can pseudo chain grab most heavy characters, or people who don't DI properly. Down throw to fsmash also works for kills, again, works better on people who don't DI properly.

5) It's about the same range as his grab, just takes practice to get use to. Bites are pretty useful when you're in the air. If you suspect that your opponent is going to shield grab you from an aerial attack, use the bite instead, it'll go through the shield. Suiciding off the stage is always fun. If you want to get fancy you can use it to counter some attacks. If your bite hit box hits your opponent the same time they attack you, you'll still take the damage, but you won't get knocked back and they'll end up in the bite. I don't see much of a use using it to eat bombs and stuff. You can also use bite on snake's cypher to gimp his recovery lol.

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
So I love Wario. I wanted him in since Smash Bros Day 1. I love the way he plays and I find him hilarious but also really effective. But I need a couple of pointers to boost my Wario game. Any help is greatly appreciated.

1.) How do I beat a projectile camper? I know I can wheelie on the bike, but then the camper sees me coming and just hits me off as I pass by.

2.) I know it sounds dumb, but I can't jump off my bike till I'm off the side of the stage. I can try and change directions and fall off but how do I jump off the bike when I'm on the ground. I have a bad habit of always wheeling, so is that my problem?

3.) Whats the best way to make an approach? Should I stick to the air or rush in on my bike?

4.) I typically only use the back throw so I can save my forward throw as a KO, is there anything special about the up and down throw?

5.) I'm having trouble figuring out the range of the Bite and how to use it effectivley. Any tips?

Thanks a bunch guys.
1. All i can say is just mind games, when i face zeldas pits or samus' I usually try to get close by dodging and shielding, try to draw out their smash or grab.
2.Press the jump bitton.
3. i just keep spamming dairs, to mess with them, plus it can give you quick damage to punish their actions. I dont use my bike only for mind games and recovery..
4.. Down throw to Fsmash most people expect it but, just watch their tech if they dont chase them down. If you miss you can smash again, since its quick. Up throw i dont use as much maybe you can up throw Nair then Fsmash or Neutral b.
5. The range is very good, i did a ledgehop bite, down throw bite, Nair Bite, Dair Bite. Depends on character and percentage. Also knowing where the person is going to tech if they do tech at all.

Top Bottom