• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

making desync vid: post desyncs to be in vid.

calprinicus

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I got my capture card up and running again and will be working on a desync video tutorial thing. This is what I'm covering so far. If you have a desyncs, combo or good approuch/defenses you want in it the vid. Please post I will credit you in the video.

WHAT I"M COVERING ALREADY:

How to desync:
Starting desynch- If you hold down an attack before the match starts, Nana will perform the attack while Popo stands still.
Grab desynch- After you do a throw, you can input a command for Nana while Popo is still recovering.
Dash dance desynch- Do a dash dance into an attack, and while Popo does the attack Nana should be recovering from the dash dance.
Trip/Injury desynch- If the IC's become separated or if one of them trips, then you can input the commands for one while the other recovers.
Ledge desynch- If one IC is holding the ledge, then you can input the commands for the IC thats already standing as the other rolls back onto the stage.
F-B desynch- While you're performing squall hammer you can input a command right before it ends and only Nana will perform the action.
Reverse grab desynch- Probably the most useful desynch of all. Simply hit back and Z, which will result in Popo rolling backwards as Nana does a grab you can then input a command for Popo while Nana recovers from the grab.
Belay desynch- Simply do UpB on the ground, then you can input commands for the IC that lands first.
Footstool desynch- For some unapparent reason, when you footstool jump, Nana won't always jump with you which results in a desynch.
Spot/roll desynch- Hit downback and shield at the same time. It should result in Nana doing a spot dodge while Popo does a back roll, but the timing is strict though.
Platform desynch- Jump towards a platform and hit down right when Popo touches the ground. Popo should drop to the lower platform while Nana stays on the top one.
Jump desynch- Hold downback as you jump and immediately jump again as you land. Popo should do another jump while Nana stays on the ground.
Tilt desynch- Do either Utilt or Dtilt and hit a direction on the D-pad then do a Ftilt, both should be doing two different tilts at the same time.
Ledge/belay desynch- Hang on the ledge and hit down and immediately do UpB. Popo should do a solo belay while Nana jumps onto the stage.
Initial dash desynch- Do a dash in the opposite direction you're facing, as the initial animation ends input a command, and only Nana should perform it.
Landing desynch- Jump and hit the opposite direction you're facing, Popo should merely turnaround while Nan dashes forward.
Aerial desynch- Do an aerial right before you land then input a command while Popo is still recovering.(*note*- you can do a landing and aerial desynch at the same time)
Fast fall desynch- As you fast fall Popo should land first so you can input a command for Nana before she touches the ground.
Reverse roll desynch- Hit back and L, this will result in Popo rolling backwards as Nana rolls in the opposite direction.

What to do when De-synced:
(These are a few of what I use there are much more than this. Important note: try to change up so less predictable.)
Approaches:
Ice shot to hyphen smash: Nana shoots ice blocks while you hyphen smash (run to u-smash). Stops most projectiles with ice shot and hyphen smash to lay on pressure.
hyphen to hyphen: nana and popo do consecutive hyphen smashes. great for close games or opponent w/o projectiles.
squall to squall: you get a few super armor frames at start, if you hit once you can move with the DI of opponent. can move across the stage rather fast.
ice block to SH aerial: keep floaty characters down while stopping charge moves and projectile. my favorite vs. my friends sonic.
SH blizzard to grab: when in close throw a blizzard after a SH, this makes them stay closer to the ground where the other IC can grab starting one of your chains or a dual smash K.O.

Defense:
Ice shot to Ice shot: self explanatory (furthest range).
SH blizzard to blizzard: blasts of ice slightly above and level. Blizzard is the attack with the most range and can help keep large characters at bay while you setup for something else.
u-smash to SH U-air: Help if opponent has a good d-air. and can help control where they land. (This is chaining your two highest priority moves)

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
No pivot desynch?

Also, a few are a little mixed up (maybe because I need to update the de-sync thread).

Aerial De-Sync can actually be done with any A move. So... it's not really the "aerial" de-sync any more.

Landing De-Sync isn't a landing de-sync... it is in fact the Buffer De-Sync, and like the former Aerial De-Sync, you can buffer a turnaround off of any move (sorry if this is confusing).

Turnaround De-Sync might as well go in too; flick the control stick in the opposite direction to have Popo do a turnaround, and Nana dash forward.

Top Bottom