• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making a Wiimote to GCN wired adapter. Where should I start?

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
First off, sorry moderaters if I posted this thread in the wrong place. Feel free to lock it down. No hard feelings.

Onto the topic.

I have been researching to see if anyone has made a fully functioning Wiimote that plugs into GCN ports and fools them into thinking they are GC controllers. No one has yet made such an adapter.

So I decided I would try to make it myself. I would like advice from anyone experienced with projects similar to this about where I should begin. Technical advice for the Wiimote and extensions would be appreciated.

Before any of you criticise me, understand that I use Wiichuk at Smash tourneys and have experienced Bluetooth and Wi-fi interference at two seperate tourneys. The only remedy I could concoct that allows me to use the Wiichuk in Bluetooth heavy environments is wiring the Wiimote up.

Please note that this will be my first time doing something like this and I would like suggestions on the tools I should have for this.

Thank you to anyone willing to offer advice.

Top Bottom