• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Some Sounds!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Opening Story

I've had a dazzle for about 2 years. I've actually only used it once or twice. The thing is that, I actually stopped using one.....

What happened was that, my Dazzle REFUSED to record audio. I'm a very musical fellow, so not having the sound to correspond with my video makes me want to take out a piano and throw it on an anti-social nerd (That's ME!!!). No this is not a suicide message, I love me life.

Anyways, back onto my main point. I use a Dazzle DVD Recorder. It's one of those flashy platinum colored recording devices. You know? Y adapters into the 2 composite ports. I mean, I love it, just recently I wanted to record videos and come back to SSBM in after a year.

Just in a casual day, before I took a SSBM (In 2006?) when I wanted to record some high quality, low lag videos on my Dazzle. KABOOM!!! No sound, I was so shocked at not being able to record videos that I stoppped my SSBM career. After letting loose of those online games, I'm ready to record again!!!

Main Point

With the help of my fellow Smash Board"ians". We can all unite to help me solve my problem

The Problem Is

When I record videos on my Dazzle with Windows Movie Maker, no sound is captured. Visuals are captured though. Why would this happen? I mean, I would rather have sound be captured than visuals (Not Really!!!).

I have an alternate recording program I used called "Pinnacle Studio 10.5." I actually used it after the sound wasn't working on Windows Movie Maker. It had sound AND visuals. So I thought I could live with this. The problem was, the video was EXTREMELY LAGGY. The next time I used that program, there was a ******** message that stated out to me. "CANNOT DETECT DV RECORDER."

So, I gave up, hoping you guys (and girls ;)) could help me out. (This is occuring right now)
It's late at night, I'm hungry and tired. All I want is this piece of crap to work!!! XD

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
1. how do you have it connected?(through a vcr or directly to the tv) and check the connections, just to make sure
2. for the laggyness in your videos, what is your "create a frame per second"?

i too use dazzle and Pinnacle Studio 10.5, try putting "1" in the "for every second, how many frames should be created" i might be a pain dragging all of those frames to put it together, but if it works i say go for it

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
1. how do you have it connected?(through a vcr or directly to the tv) and check the connections, just to make sure
2. for the laggyness in your videos, what is your "create a frame per second"?

i too use dazzle and Pinnacle Studio 10.5, try putting "1" in the "for every second, how many frames should be created" i might be a pain dragging all of those frames to put it together, but if it works i say go for it
  • Plugged Directly to my TV. All plugs secure.
  • Pinnacle Studio 10.5 doesn't even detect my Dazzle.
  • I'm not sure about the frames per second. I know it's at default.

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
what eles do you have plugged in to your usb port, in the front (if any) and in the back

name everything you have plugged in using a usb port

cause if there is too many things plugged in the udb drives, the dazzle may not work, dazzle need a helluva lot of power, when thats plugged in to my computer and i want to plug in my flash drive to look at something, the computer wont detect my flash drive. thats how much power that thing needs

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Oh. I have my Zune charging there. I some time have a Flash Drive. Alright, gotta pull my Zune out.

EDIT: There was no effect. The Dazzle was the only used item on the USB Ports. I think that there's a problem with the programs rather than the device. I mean, WMM can detect it but doesn't detect the audio. If WMM can detect it and Pinnacle Studio can't, then the device isn't "dead". Just something wrong with the device as I assumed.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Hmmm. I might as well go recording some matches.

I've gotten better at SSBM and I am anxious to show it to Smash Boards.

I'm getting a Game Bridge for Christmas!!! :D
I hope that works!

EDIT: Nothing wrong with my system! Both Wii and GameCube don't record sound and the Wii is new so system isn't broken. I'm guessing I gotta find a new free program similar to WMM and Pinnacle.

Top Bottom