• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make BRSTMs Smaller?

rockybalboaowns

Smash Rookie
Hello! I am having a problem with space on my 2GB SD Card (1.86GB of storage) because of so much music.

This is all on my new Brawl mod called Super Smash Bros Brawl Remix, so the whole game has different music, characters, stages, etc.

Now, I originally took out all the .pac files (except for transforming ones) for characters to free up enough space for more music. But after research I found that they are needed for using skins in others modes that are not VS. I want to bring them back and still have my music.

What I have tried is making a song lesser quality, which brought the .mp3 down in size, but the brstm stays the same size as the high quality version brstm when using Dantarion's custom song maker. Yet the song sounds a little worse than the HQ one still.

Is there any way at all to lower the file size of BRSTMs?

Any other suggestions for freeing up a lot of space on the SD card are welcome :)

Thanks!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
The only way is to lower the sample rate, if you know how to do that. If your BRSTMs are, say 44100 or 48000 try converting to 32000 or lower, if you really need to.

rockybalboaowns

Smash Rookie
Thanks!!!! It worked very well and I am decreasing quality for songs as we speak!

Now one more question. Is it true that the .pac files are used in other modes? or are they not needed at all for non-transforming characters? Are there uses for them on normal characters if that is a no?

thanks!

TheUltimateKoopa

Banned via Warnings
Just so you know, you only need to reduce the sample rate. If you used a 320 kbps MP3, for example, it can still be 320 kbps, it doesn't have to be lowered, since that won't make a difference anyway.

Top Bottom