• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maining Ice Climbers :D

Linux_F_Smash

Smash Cadet
Hello
I have choose to use Ice Climbers as my main, I find there play style unique and challenge but mostly fun. I hope to take the Climbers into some locals tournaments after much practice any advice on the Climbers will be most helpful.

By the way in East Tenn Area and have a weekly smash group of about 8 people and this group is always growing.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Work on the desyncs posted up in the threads in the PM section. A lot of them are very good to know.

Linux_F_Smash

Smash Cadet
Weekly Smash Night:
**Week One Results and Observations some Questions as well**

Results: Lost all of my matches but the matches were pretty close. Ike and ZSS matches mostly.

Observations:
Side-B in the Air if partner is close by will bring them to you if they are close(i thought it looked like a teleportglitchy thing)

Up-B seems to also do this weird pull partner closer thing(teleport).

Small delay in Popo's attacks after Nana not sure if i would call it a desync.

Questions:
What are the uses for desyncs they seem easy enough to do but how/when are they really useful?

I have recently learned to Double Jump Cancel with yoshi how can i use this with Ice Climbers or can it be used?

Best way to protect Popo and not have to SoNana? Or Tricks to keep from losing him.

What would be the advantage of trying to keep the two in sync?

Drugfreechu

Smash Rookie
What are the uses for desyncs they seem easy enough to do but how/when are they really useful?
Desynchs can be used to set up for grabs, which can be used for combos/chain grabs. Desynching to make Nana blizzard or grab the ledge without Popo doing it can be very useful.

I have recently learned to Double Jump Cancel with yoshi how can i use this with Ice Climbers or can it be used?
Ice Climbers cannot Double Jump Cancel.

Best way to protect Popo and not have to SoNana? Or Tricks to keep from losing him.
Popo is the one you are controlling, and Nana is the computer. Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "tricks to keep from losing him". I suppose you could play defensively with desynch blizzard walls, among oher things.

What would be the advantage of trying to keep the two in sync?
Keeping the two in sync is very important. The two together can do grab combos, ledge handoffs, deal much more damage, and set up for KO moves. Keeping them in sync will help a lot, but desynchs can be used in different ways as well.

Linux_F_Smash

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the reply. I got home and tried the DJC before I had read your response discovering that Ice Climbers are not capable of this tech.

I usually pick the color schemes that make allow for Nana to be the character I am controlling.

Top Bottom