• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's new dart-like Green missile!

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
LoL!

That was cool. I can imagine it being useful in certain rare occasions, but outside of that I don't know.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I love that. :laugh:

It's the little things like this that make games all of the more enjoyable for me, personally. I really like how Luigi has gained more personality in this game.

Kruton

Smash Ace
oh my god that's the most amazing thing I've seen for recoveries. All of them.

No Nintendo character makes me lol more than Luigi.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Luigi is great lol.

That's just like him to get stuck.

Flyingmonkey

Smash Cadet
Hey Zauron, if you're going to be playing as Luigi a lot (and it's no trouble and you don't mind), could you maybe make some videos? It would be great to see our green man in action without his wavedash.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
I don't really have anything set up to make videos, sorry. I do play a fair amount of Luigi though. He's actually very similar to his Melee form except for what I mentioned and this new trick, which I was happy about - I didn't really care for the idea of him using a vacumn in Brawl.

I've been trying to play all the charactes though, to get info about them, but Luigi was my main in Melee and its hard not to keep going back to him in Brawl even without wavedashing :).

Flyingmonkey

Smash Cadet
No problem at all. They'll be videos up soon enough. I'm ridiculously happy about the aerials though. It was always my favourite part about playing Luigi. Well, that and wavedashing around the stage like no body's business. But of course, it's great to hear about the Tornado. I could never get enough height to justify using it. Which was a shame. The old Tobias videos where he edge ***** with the tornado were something.

Folt

Smash Ace
Indeed. I'm very happy that his dash attack has improved, though there wasn't much that
could not be improved. ;)

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
So I tested this out a bit last night.

First, it seems Luigi may have misfire after all - I'm not sure, if so, its not anywhere near as obvious when he does it, but there were a few times where it looked like a single puff of flame occured right when I released the button and he may have gone further than normal. Of course I was darting into walls so I'm not sure if he went further or not or if it really was a misfire.

Anyway...

The dart thing doesn't happen all the time. I found this dissapointing. I'm not sure if its random or if you have to be very close to the wall before you release in order to do it (at which point, you could have just up+b'd anyway if you are recovering). It does seem you can double-jump after he pulls himself out, although I'm not 100% sure I had actually used my double-jump before then. In either case, he can do stuff besides fall after he pulls himself out.

Also very few stages have walls, so I really could not find any time this was useful as a recovery, more of just a gag.

Another thing that I found a bit dissapointing is that unlike many other side-B's such as Captain Falcon's now, Luigi still can't grab the ledge directly out of his side+B. He still has to fall a bit first, so you can't aim the side+B to directly hit the ledge and grab it immediately.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
I'll main him just for this and his improved taunt. He seemed to misfire when he darted on the all FS vid.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Odd, it looked like Weegee dashdanced shortly after the misfire. Wario also seemed to run forward then slide back quickly. It didn't look like his roll, but it could have been a pivot or maybe WAVEDASHAN.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
You should figure out something soon Zauron. I see competitive players fighting on stages like battlefield which darting is possible. But otherwise great job! Keep it up :)

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
lol Can't wait to play as him in Brawl! Luiigi seems like he is more of his own person rather than a luigified luigi.:dizzy:

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
The dart thing doesn't happen all the time. I found this dissapointing. I'm not sure if its random or if you have to be very close to the wall before you release in order to do it (at which point, you could have just up+b'd anyway if you are recovering). It does seem you can double-jump after he pulls himself out, although I'm not 100% sure I had actually used my double-jump before then. In either case, he can do stuff besides fall after he pulls himself out.

Can you elaborate on this, or test it more? You mentioned he might gain extra jumps/moves..

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Someone told me some new info about Luigi's forward B.

Taken from IRC chat and edited a bit:

Luigi's Single Frame Missile

[14:43] <D_D> the luigi just frame is with his green missile.
[14:43] <D_D> if you let go of the charge right at full charge, he does a crazy version.
[14:43] <D_D> its got a small window, it sends him far as hell.
[14:43] <D_D> does 30dmg

[14:43] <losnar> so it's like a misfire but intentional?

[14:43] <D_D> yeah, the normal misfire does 25% and dosent go as far

[14:44] <losnar> and if you hold it down and don't let go, it don't go as far?

[14:45] <D_D> normal one = ok distance, crap dmg,
charged = far distance, good dmg,
missfire = far distance, better dmg,
Perfect timing = very good to both

01[14:45] <losnar> cool info, thx D_D, that's a definite BUFF!

Drunken_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
you can tell when you do the just frame because there is an extra explosion next to him. the timing is kind of strict but its very obvious when you do it.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
Someone told me some new info about Luigi's forward B.

Taken from IRC chat and edited a bit:

Luigi's Single Frame Missile

[14:43] <D_D> the luigi just frame is with his green missile.
[14:43] <D_D> if you let go of the charge right at full charge, he does a crazy version.
[14:43] <D_D> its got a small window, it sends him far as hell.
[14:43] <D_D> does 30dmg

[14:43] <losnar> so it's like a misfire but intentional?

[14:43] <D_D> yeah, the normal misfire does 25% and dosent go as far

[14:44] <losnar> and if you hold it down and don't let go, it don't go as far?

[14:45] <D_D> normal one = ok distance, crap dmg,
charged = far distance, good dmg,
missfire = far distance, better dmg,
Perfect timing = very good to both

01[14:45] <losnar> cool info, thx D_D, that's a definite BUFF!
Holy crap that's awesome. o_o The more I read the more I feel justified for sticking with Luigi through the first two games. :D

Top Bottom