• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's disjointed attacks?

TriTails

Smash Lord
Well, this thought just came crashing at me. Does Luigi posses many disjointed attacks?

This all came from me catching a Yoshi Bomb with the Cyclone's side hitboxes (Luigi's hands), and ultimately rise a bit before KOing him. It was satisfying lawl.

That said. I am just curious if Luigi has anymore disjointed hitboxes other than Nado. It maybe can help us on trading attempt. Though, Luigi's range isn't amazing.

Last edited:

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Fireball doesn't count as a disjoint as it's a projectile =/

The tilts have a decent sized hitbox though, however most hitboxes in this game are very literal

TriTails

Smash Lord
B-air is disjointed?

Oh, and Cyclone is probably disjointed too, or maybe it's because Yoshi Bomb has small hitbox that Cyclone's hitbox reaches him first... or is it?

Can this be datamined, by any chance?

ARKills

Smash Cadet
NNID
sl33py1
3DS FC
0404-5541-7941
Hmm, I think I've seen you around gamefaqs before.

Yeah I think his only disjoint is his B-air.

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
I'm not actually sure that bair is disjointed actually. I thought it might be, but I'm not sure at all =P.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Usmash is disjointed by virtue of head intangibility.

That's all I can for sure say is disjointed.

ARKills

Smash Cadet
NNID
sl33py1
3DS FC
0404-5541-7941
Why yes, I have been on GFAQs since 3DS days :p.

So the only disjoint Luigi has is his B-air? Odd, I must say.
I knew I've seen your user name somewhere else. I don't know if you've seen me on GFAQs but my username there is Typhlozard.

I kind of wished Luigi had more disjoints too.

Forty4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePriceIsWrong
Yoshi Bomb actually doesn't have all that much priority, so it makes sense that you were able to hit him out if it.

Or it could be disjointed.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Yoshi Bomb actually doesn't have all that much priority, so it makes sense that you were able to hit him out if it.

Or it could be disjointed.
Possible scenarios:
1. Cyclone is disjointed
2. Yoshi Bomb's hitbox doesn't connect with Luigi's hurtbox and Cyclone's hitbox already hit Yoshi before he can touch Luigi's hurtbox assuming Luigi has hurtbox in his hands
3. Cyclone just plain out-prioritize Yoshi Bomb
4. Yoshi Bomb was started in the air (Not sure if this reduce it's priority or not though. I know it reduces damage and knockback) and has different physics than when started on the ground (Maybe. I'm just theorizying (Is that a word?). Does it?)
5. :4luigi:: Maybe I'm just-a-awesome like that!

Last edited:

Soupy

Sage of Wind
I'm not 100% clear on what exactly a disjointed hitbox is but I can't tell you how many times I've had someone try to hit me from behind during a dash attack, only to get hit by it when they're not even touching me. Does that count???

Last edited:

Forty4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePriceIsWrong
Possible scenarios:
1. Cyclone is disjointed
2. Yoshi Bomb's hitbox doesn't connect with Luigi's hurtbox and Cyclone's hitbox already hit Yoshi before he can touch Luigi's hurtbox assuming Luigi has hurtbox in his hands
3. Cyclone just plain out-prioritize Yoshi Bomb
4. Yoshi Bomb was started in the air (Not sure if this reduce it's priority or not though. I know it reduces damage and knockback) and has different physics than when started on the ground (Maybe. I'm just theorizying (Is that a word?). Does it?)
5. :4luigi:: Maybe I'm just-a-awesome like that!
Isn't priority linked to how much damage a move does? I know for a fact that Yoshi Bomb has lowered damage when used in the air, so wouldn't that mean that its priority is lowered? But don't the individual hits of Cyclone only do around 1%? But anyway, Cyclone probably beats out Yoshi Bomb, thanks to its low-ish priority, or, again, the fact that it might be disjointed (also, it's theorizing or theorising, the spelling differs regionally; the "z" is used in the US, "s" everywhere else, but this is off-topic). If you want to test this with me, I'll be glad to, just not right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom