• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi vs. Projectile spam

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
during 1v1 I have distinct trouble with trying to approach players such as Robin. It's always the same thing!

Me attempting to approach Japanese Robin players:
>Robin throws Fireball

> Usually I roll back because if i roll forward i'll get grabbed.

> Robin hits me

> I get sliced with that silly electric sword

> Robin sends out Aura/thunder to keep me off the ledge...

What can I do to approach these kinds of players?

Soupy

Sage of Wind
VS any sort of projectiles, run up -> shield is always a fantastic option. Luigi has trouble dealing with projectiles in general, so figure out what fireball clanks with and for the characters that have a projectile that beats yours, your best option is usually to attempt to get in close and bring the fight to them.

If we're going to talk specifically about the Robin match-up though, we should probably go to the match-up sticky

Liwi808

Smash Cadet
Power shield power shield power shield power shield power shield

But really, it's more important for Luigi mains than anyone else to practice power shielding. Being able to get those close punishes out of shield is a very important option to keep open.

Last edited:

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
It might help to not roll at all, even if it's backwards. When you roll, you let Robin charge the neutral special and allow him/her more space. The goal should be to get up close and keep them in the air. Robin isn't exactly the greatest up close or in the air. Just bait them into using the Arcfire. When it runs out, you can apply offensive pressure with ease.

PXL

Smash Rookie
NNID
nitsugatap
spam fireballs too, fireball beats most projectiles

Top Bottom