• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Should Have A New Final Smash (Poltergust confirmed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Now we just have to guess how it works.

My guess is that Luigi can go around for a while sucking people into the Poltergust and that those inside take damage over time, and then when the FS ends the Poltergust spits them out far in whatever direction Luigi is facing.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I think it means a fair few number of final smashes will be changed. Falco and Wolf both desperately need new ones, one or both of the Earthbound kids, assuming both return, will need a new one, and Pit's gonna need one that isn't so Palutena-centric, for reasons...

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I am so pleased that the goshawful Negative Zone is gone. It's about time for some Luigi's Mansion love!

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Bear in mind that it is possible that he's just using a special with the Poltergeist while he has a smash ball, or that both a special and final smash use it.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Bear in mind that it is possible that he's just using a special with the Poltergeist while he has a smash ball, or that both a special and final smash use it.
Well, we've seen all of his other Special Moves return (Fireball, Green Missile, Super Jump Punch, and Luigi Cyclone), so that's pretty much out of the question...

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Well, we've seen all of his other Special Moves return (Fireball, Green Missile, Super Jump Punch, and Luigi Cyclone), so that's pretty much out of the question...
Never mind then. It's either his final smash or Sakurai is sadistic and made it a taunt.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
While not out of the question, unless we have right and left taunts now, I think you don't need to worry about that either, since his poses taunt is confirmed, the boat taunt is too, since it's bascially his character art, and I really can't see Sakurai getting rid of the classic meteor taunt.

So I'm pretty sure it's confirmed to be a Final Smash. Plus, Kirby's changed, and so did Pit's, so hey.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Never mind then. It's either his final smash or Sakurai is sadistic and made it a taunt.
While not out of the question, unless we have right and left taunts now, I think you don't need to worry about that either, since his poses taunt is confirmed, the boat taunt is too, since it's bascially his character art, and I really can't see Sakurai getting rid of the classic meteor taunt.

So I'm pretty sure it's confirmed to be a Final Smash. Plus, Kirby's changed, and so did Pit's, so hey.
All 3 three of his taunts have been confirmed.

So any chance of the Poltergust being a taunt can be ruled out.

Still, too bad we didn't see it in action during the direct.

Last edited:

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Since it's the Poltergust 5000, I wonder how some of its other functions from Dark Moon will work?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
He spins around with a huge suction coming out of the Poltergust, hurting people w/ upward KB that are far-ish away and sucking people in that are close. Then at the end he aims the Poltergust up and non-chalantly shoots them out with high kb. It's flashy and wacky, it's probably my favorite FS.

Last edited:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
His FS is definitely better this time around, and I'm soo happy Sakurai listened to that complaint
Looks more like a nerf to me. You could easily go around and Up B everyone to death during his Brawl FS. This one seems to have abysmal range.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
They just showed it on Treehouse, looks useful but its range is much smaller than his old one's.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I like the old one better, was a lot more unique in my opinion and a lot more silly/funky. Though considering it ko'd shiek even though luigi used it as s/he was at 0% is pretty dang powerful, like before you'll need to get close and get them in your zone so to speak, just the sucking zone,

depends really the demo isnt clear, if you can aim the sucking then i think its a cool unique smash and better than the old one
but if its automated i'll be sad

Twewy

Smash Lord
You better get away, otherwise...

Wow. One mirrion ghosts.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Looks more like a nerf to me. You could easily go around and Up B everyone to death during his Brawl FS. This one seems to have abysmal range.
I'm not really caught up in its effectiveness, I know the one time I saw it, the FS was able to KO about 2 opponents at once which is good enough for me, but really I wanted and some others too wanted something that is easily relateable to Luigi's character and gaming history which is most likely the Poltergeist, so I wasn't all concerned on how it would work, because realistically usually items aren't even used outside of the first month of the game's release, but I was mainly concerned with the aesthetic of it visually. Call me whatever since I valued the visual more than the effectiveness, but this was one of the rare cases where it actually did matter, at least to me *shrug*.
Not to mention I did enjoy the effectiveness of his old FS, but the issue was I couldn't relate it to anything "Luigi"..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom