• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi nerfs from melee to brawl

holyv

Smash Journeyman
LACK OF WAVEDASH
Knockback reduced on Fair
Knockback reduced on Dair
Side b distance SIGNIFICANTLY reduced
Up throw chaingrab REMOVED
Knockback reduced on Up-B
Knockback reduced on Side-b ( Misfired or Non-Misfired )
Different KO Trajectory on Down-Smash
Nair sweetspot frames reduced
Nair sourspot knockback reduced
I did not know all the nerfs
Your thoughts about it?

maximumaaron

Smash Rookie
Well first of all, with the Wavedash removal, a bugfix does not count as a nerf.
Also, I'd consider chaingrabbing to be an exploit that only people who only enjoy winning(and not playing) Unless you actually think they intended for people to use infinite grab combos and all that game-breaking nonsense.

I did certainly hate what they did to the misfire, though :( I miss my fiery doomsplosions.

On the bright side, they buffed up the whirlwind to a pretty insane degree. Everything else..I couldn't tell you specifics, only that between melee and brawl I felt a significant boost in Luigi's Effectiveness.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Well first of all, with the Wavedash removal, a bugfix does not count as a nerf.
Also, I'd consider chaingrabbing to be an exploit that only people who only enjoy winning(and not playing) Unless you actually think they intended for people to use infinite grab combos and all that game-breaking nonsense.

I did certainly hate what they did to the misfire, though :( I miss my fiery doomsplosions.

On the bright side, they buffed up the whirlwind to a pretty insane degree. Everything else..I couldn't tell you specifics, only that between melee and brawl I felt a significant boost in Luigi's Effectiveness.
Well, first of all, with that INSANE distance that misfire had, he didn't need the tornado overall.

Chaingrabs are unfair. But, people use it, and others use it, to get chaingrabbers pissed, and then the snowball effect.

Wavedash was the most useful technique for luigi, because he has ''THE TRACTION'', that makes him slide 50% of final destination, even if its a glitch, notice how brawl isn't about technique anymore.

maximumaaron

Smash Rookie
Most "Techniques" are soulless exploits.

and as far as chaingrabbing the chaingrabbers is concerned, I do not partake. Just like I never used wavedashing in Melee (except to demonstrate that I could do it)

When people start abusing broken game mechanics, I just jump on easymode (falco) and grief the hell out of them. I will not corrupt the purity that is brawling like a man :p

holyv

Smash Journeyman
Most "Techniques" are soulless exploits.

and as far as chaingrabbing the chaingrabbers is concerned, I do not partake. Just like I never used wavedashing in Melee (except to demonstrate that I could do it)

When people start abusing broken game mechanics, I just jump on easymode (falco) and grief the hell out of them. I will not corrupt the purity that is brawling like a man :p
Well friend, for those who can't wavedash on melee are considered noobs, i don't know what can you do with Luigi, the traction sultan (LOOOOL), without ''tracting''

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Misfire caused you to SD if you used it near the edge of the stage. It was unreliable for recovery. Up'B went straight up (couldn't float), and cyclone went about half the distance. Up'B and Misfire reduction doesn't really count as a nerf since it's not like you're going to consistently hit up'bs at 60% everytime as if it were Snake's up-tilt or something. Same for misfire, you shouldn't even be using this crappy move for attacking, and if the misfire hits it's usually going to kill anyways. In Melee fallspeed also played huge part in the survivability of a character from vertical KOs (e.g Fox would be harder to star KO than Bowser despite the huge weight differences), and up'b is a vertical kill move, so I guess that doesn't really count as a nerf. Different trajectory =/= nerf. It's just different. The chaingrab and wavedash were removed not as nerfs, but as bugfixes like maxi mentioned. As for the nair sourspot reduction, this is a good thing. It makes it easier to combo with, (why else would you want to hit with the sourspot anyways?)

Well friend, for those who can't wavedash on melee are considered noobs, i don't know what can you do with Luigi, the traction sultan (LOOOOL), without ''tracting''
Pick Metak- a better character, just like every other Luigi main that suddenly cared about winning.

holyv

Smash Journeyman
LOL METAK-

------------

but i don't want to :( luigi is cool and have awesome moves, why do i need to play overpowered characters? i wish that the new smash for wii u is about skill again >.<

Top Bottom