• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi in the tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
I think the community and many players currently have this wrong. I sincerely don't believe that Luigi is top 3 in the cast. He has too many bad Matchups and weaknesses for this to be the case. He is a fantastic character, make no mistake about that, but he is NOT top 3. I view him the same way I view Ness. Both have great options out of grab, quick aerials, ****ty recovery, a decent projectile, and slow run-speed and fall speed. Therefore I believe Luigi is certainly top 10, but he is NOT as good as everyone makes him out to be. He is a pub-stomper as in if you don't know how to deal with him and how to play against him then yes he will feel like an overpowered freight train. However simply by learning his weaknesses and he has many of them, he is probably the most overrated character in the game. I do believe he is top 10, he just has too many GOOD things about him not to be, but the top 3 charachters in my opinion, which again are Sheik, Pikachu, and ZSS are simply on another level.

One last point. Frankly, the idea of Tier Lists don't really encompass the true nature of character balance in a game, especially a game as well balanced as Smash4. I don't say that sarcastically either, this game is in a very good place right now, even the worst characters are playable, just not tourney viable, but hopefully that gets patched in over time. But yah, tier lists are dumb because actual balance is so much deeper than that and so dependent on matchups. I say pikachu is 3rd in the game, but Pikachu also struggles against Luigi, so it isn't as simple as just ordering characters on a list like that. Having said that , I want to reiterate once again that Luigi is top 10, not top 3 and for those of you who disagree with me, well I guarantee as the meta develops over time, I will be proven correct.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I thought the reason Luigi is so high was because of his matchups against the other top tiers.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
I thought the reason Luigi is so high was because of his matchups against the other top tiers.
Uh Luigi's worst matchup is sheik. He also struggles vs ZSS. He does good with pikachu but thats about it. He goes even with every other high tier charachter.

leesinger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yolo-swag420T.T
Umm I guess this thread got moved to Luigi boards. I already had one up so hopefuly mods can close this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom