• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi frames

Rep

Smash Apprentice
I looked on Mew2King's masterlist of frames, and Luigi's moves and L-cancelled aerials weren't listed. Does such a list exist? What I really want to know is this: Does Luigi's L-cancelled Nair have more or less lag frames than falco's L-cancelled D-air. Also, how many frames does it take the jab to come out?

quak

Smash Champion
you shouldn't care about the frames of attacks, just play the games, and what works works. Don't let frame stats decide that for you.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
That's a valid question, I've never seen such a list either, but I haven't looked that intensely.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Falco's d-air and Luigi's n-air are pretty close in terms of L-cancelled frames, differing by no more than 5 or so. (?)

Jekyll

Smash Ace
I'd say they probably differ by less than that, but I'm going to go out on a limb and gues that Luigi's nair is quicker.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
The main reason I ask that is because I've popped out a N-air right before I hit the ground against falco and hit him with my jab before he could shine or shieldgrab. Also, I've been hit by his D-air and jabbed him before he could shine and / or cancelled the shine with my jab. Just wanted to know how effective this strategy could actually be against falco. The frame list would also be very helpful for a number of things. Edit: When you CC an aerial, it cuts down your hit frames, right? Since I've usually had to CC to do this against falco.

nublet06

Smash Lord
1st off we will talk about L cancel sex kick to jab. this is really fast, as are most characters aerial to jab combos (see fox, sheik, falco, falcon, peach, and even ganon) one reason is because when your move hits someones sheild, it stuns them for a while. this gives you time to throw out a jab just as they come out of their shield. this combo is very reliable and only runs into problems when the jab is crouch canceled. for instance falco could crouch cancel and then down tilt you or shine. still a good idea to jab after aerials tho because most of them will not be CC. and luigi is still fast enough to throw a move out before the opponent even when they cc.

2nd off, falco is too fast. if you are shield grabbing or doing any other move before falco does his shine, the falco you are playing is a tad bit slow. a perfect dair>shine cannot be prevented by luigi. you are better off wavedashing back and countering when they miss, or doing the same kind of thing with a dash attack.

as a side note, one possibility i have thought of (but dont think its very practicle, is you might be able to pull a hugs with luigi and up B out of your shield right after the dair or something like that. but the chances of you actually sweet spotting, added with the fact that falco really doesnt die from the up b, make it a pretty bad choice. Falco can be predictale with his dair to shine, id use that to your advantage. when you see ihm above you do a small to medium sized wavedash backwards, and punish him will he spams attacks at the ground.

Rep

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the suggestions. I still want a list, though ^.^

Top Bottom