• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Cyclone Discussion/Video request

SM_SC11

Smash Cadet
As my main from n64 to Brawl, I love luigi, and my favorite move has always been the luigi cyclone (down special) (down b)

I do not have a 3DS, and have only played a few matches on 3DS, and didn't think to really extensively test it out.

Can someone make a video highlighting just the luigi cyclone, as it relates to recovery.

I know in brawl this was my favorite part of luigi's play. It gave him great mobility, good recovery options, and worked in an easy to understand, smooth way. In PM he drops first, then rises (with no requirement of upward motion) but the drop completely ****s me up, and I hate it so much I switched to Mario, because I literally can no longer play luigi in PM because of this.

Can some one do a video showing how it works if B is spammed rapidly, with jumps, without jumps, etc. I want to see if it is more like Brawl, or more Like the PM version, one video sort of displays it one time, but it is hard to tell from the horrible quality and shaking camera below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZYVxxHE-5k

if you pay attention at about 48 seconds in, it looks like it will operate more similarly to brawls version, however, I'd like a decent video to actually show the workings of it in a more diverse set of scenarios.

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
It works like in Brawl, except it's way harder to rise with it. In fact, it's nearly impossible to recover with it unless you use it after a jump. In Brawl I could use it as a third jump, but that kind of flexibility is gone now.

SM_SC11

Smash Cadet
It works like in Brawl, except it's way harder to rise with it. In fact, it's nearly impossible to recover with it unless you use it after a jump. In Brawl I could use it as a third jump, but that kind of flexibility is gone now.
good to know, tbh I only ever really used it with a jump, I like building the upward momentum and coming back high and dropping down onto the stage... they either come after you where you want to be in the air, or they sit and wait and you can luigi cyclone again landing down on to them if you have a decent approaching angle. I am happy it doens't drop like melee or PM, it just feels more intuitive it only rises with a jump

Top Bottom