• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luda for President

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
He's already an accomplished rap star with an impressive acting resume. But for Cris 'Ludacris' Bridges, platinum selling records and academy-award winning films isn't enough.

His next endeavor? A bid as a 2012 presidential hopeful.

In an address to the National Press Club in Washington Friday, Ludacris joked that "as long as they don't use some of the things that people want to criticize me for in the past during my Campaign. I feel like I have a very strong chance of winning."

He is perhaps best known for his sometimes-controversial lyrics. His 2008 release of "Politics" was meant to show support for then-candidate Barack Obama, but it was received unfavorably by some for its negative comments toward then-Sen. Hillary Clinton and Sen. John McCain, among others.

Ludacris is in Washington hosting the 6th annual gala dinner for his philanthropy, 'The Ludacris Foundation.' He noted that with his organization, he is "answering President Obama's call to service."

"The Gala will recognize the achievements of five individuals with a rich history of giving back and who demonstrate a strong commitment to community service," he said according to a release.

The foundation is presenting Rep. Maxine Waters with its first annual Congressional Leadership Award. The Ludacris Foundation teamed up with the California Democrat in providing assistance to underserved communities in her district of South Central Los Angeles.

Other honorees include legendary music producer Quincy Jones and BET CEO Debra Lee.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... nst-obama/

Top Bottom