• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina (up smash?) hitbox

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
Hey!

So, I'm not a Lucina player so I don't know how well known this is, but this is the first time I encounter it.

I had to watch it frame by frame to make sure I was not going crazy. That actually killed me, even though I was already on the ground when the hitbox started to be active.

This is not a complain nor a question thread...it's just, if some Lucina/Marth player are not aware, their hitbox are complete bullsh*t xD
Make a good use of it.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
It was bigger in Smash 4 and they also would slide during a running Usmash (in Ultimate they stay in place). So less horizontal range, still super laggy, too slow out of shield to punish good players, and we can just cancel dashes now into anything.

Commenting on the picture directly. In Smash 4, that would've reached no doubt. But in this game, your character was doing something to bring yourself closer to the hitbox than you thought you were. Not sure what that something was, as your picture is of you after getting hit.

Oh and by the way, that hitbox only hits grounded opponents. We call it the Dust Cloud.

Here is a visualization:

https://struz.github.io/smash-move-viewer/#/v1/marth/AttackHi4/13?showAllMoves=false&speed=1

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! I was just a little bit surprised to see that move killing from where I was since it's the first time I see that happens. And I didn't play Smash 4 so I was not aware of that.

Also, didn't know of this website, gonna come in handy!

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Thanks! I was just a little bit surprised to see that move killing from where I was since it's the first time I see that happens. And I didn't play Smash 4 so I was not aware of that.

Also, didn't know of this website, gonna come in handy!
It still does, but keep in mind that website is only Smash 4 stuff right now.

Top Bottom