• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Jab Lock

theobaldo51

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm a French player of SSB 3DS and Lucina is one of the characters I like to play with.

I didn't see this in this forum, nor on video, so I'm putting it here.

Jab lock with Lucina works between about 30 and 50%.

AFA/ABA > jab > dash > Bside/charged Usmash/etc...

First, you have to be sure your attack will land, so use it to punish. You must short hop AFA or ABA toward your target. Then, if your opponent doesn't tech, you just land near him and jab once, he will be locked. You can't jab more than one time. And after, you can dash and got a free attack. I think the most damaging follow-up is dash slightly charged Usmash for about 19%.

Becareful : if the opponent is near the edge, he will fall after the groundbounce and can't be locked.

I don't have a video to show you, but it's pretty easy to do in training mod. Then you can learn to use it in real match.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Walking is probably easier since lucina and Marth have orgasmic walk speeds and you can charge the smash sooner.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Hello, I'm a French player of SSB 3DS and Lucina is one of the characters I like to play with.

I didn't see this in this forum, nor on video, so I'm putting it here.

Jab lock with Lucina works between about 30 and 50%.

AFA/ABA > jab > dash > Bside/charged Usmash/etc...

First, you have to be sure your attack will land, so use it to punish. You must short hop AFA or ABA toward your target. Then, if your opponent doesn't tech, you just land near him and jab once, he will be locked. You can't jab more than one time. And after, you can dash and got a free attack. I think the most damaging follow-up is dash slightly charged Usmash for about 19%.

Becareful : if the opponent is near the edge, he will fall after the groundbounce and can't be locked.

I don't have a video to show you, but it's pretty easy to do in training mod. Then you can learn to use it in real match.
actually, there is a video on just that, and I also believe I touched on it on my guide (if not, Ive got editing to do xD).

I'll post it here when I return home

EDIT:
Here we go. Skip to 3:47 for Marth, and Lucina comes in after him (which funny enough, works better for Lucina in terms of damage xD)

Last edited:

Pipmonchan

Smash Cadet
NNID
pipvila
3DS FC
4012-4807-9528
I found Lucina's jab to be somewhat useful for controlling space, but I feel like doing the second one isn't a very good choice, because it leaves you open for a punish. What do you think of this?

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
I found Lucina's jab to be somewhat useful for controlling space, but I feel like doing the second one isn't a very good choice, because it leaves you open for a punish. What do you think of this?
The first jab is good for controlling space and also a good tool for setups as well. The second jab is more like an insurance policy, in case something goes wrong with the first swing. The second swing is only truly safe if the first swing has made contact with the opponent (whether they blocked it or not), and you're also hoping that they try to immediately punish for the first jab. Second jab is just used to push targets away if the first one fails (misses even in certain situations), but the first jab will be a tool more used for the stuff said at the beginning.

Pipmonchan

Smash Cadet
NNID
pipvila
3DS FC
4012-4807-9528
The first jab is good for controlling space and also a good tool for setups as well. The second jab is more like an insurance policy, in case something goes wrong with the first swing. The second swing is only truly safe if the first swing has made contact with the opponent (whether they blocked it or not), and you're also hoping that they try to immediately punish for the first jab. Second jab is just used to push targets away if the first one fails (misses even in certain situations), but the first jab will be a tool more used for the stuff said at the beginning.
Thanks for the response =) I'm gonna go back and train with Lucy again. I had her left out for quite some time trying other characters, but in the end it has been Lucina with whom I had a better "feeling" (along with Jigglypuff), so I'll stick to them. Thanks for all your responses. I'll use them to get better.

EternalFlame

Smash Ace
NNID
Eterna1Flame
3DS FC
1993-8719-0815
Thanks for the response =) I'm gonna go back and train with Lucy again. I had her left out for quite some time trying other characters, but in the end it has been Lucina with whom I had a better "feeling" (along with Jigglypuff), so I'll stick to them. Thanks for all your responses. I'll use them to get better.
Sounds good dude ^^ keep up the good work.

Top Bottom