• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas's Nair can jab reset

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
A while back I posted in the social thread that I got Lucas's Nair to jab reset, but wasn't able to recreate it. Until now, anyway. It's actually pretty simple. Basically, when your opponent hits the ground from tumble, you have to immediately fast fall the first hit of Nair into them, and it will jab reset. It doesn't work if you come down from too high, so the positioning/timing is fairly strict.

I have a video of this, but I am currently experiencing difficulties uploading it. I will put it here in an edit once I get it working. In the mean time, go try it out for yourselves.

Frobro

Smash Rookie
A while back I posted in the social thread that I got Lucas's Nair to jab reset, but wasn't able to recreate it. Until now, anyway. It's actually pretty simple. Basically, when your opponent hits the ground from tumble, you have to immediately fast fall the first hit of Nair into them, and it will jab reset. It doesn't work if you come down from too high, so the positioning/timing is fairly strict.

I have a video of this, but I am currently experiencing difficulties uploading it. I will put it here in an edit once I get it working. In the mean time, go try it out for yourselves.
I thought this was already known. Even if it's borderline useless on ground, it's useable if the opponent is on a platform. Good luck getting a punish out of it though.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
I thought this was already known. Even if it's borderline useless on ground, it's useable if the opponent is on a platform. Good luck getting a punish out of it though.
I haven't heard people talk about it before. Guess this post might educate a few people, at least.

Patriot Duck

Smash Apprentice
I can confirm that it works, but it's hard to time because only the first hit locks. Honestly though, I can't think of any realistic applications for it.

Top Bottom