• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas's codec description

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
What do you think will be said about Lucas in the codec conversations like Palutena & company talk about him in the Kid Icarus stage codecs like with the other characters? Or Snake and his codecs assuming he returns with them?
Here is Snake's Codec from Brawl for reference:

Usually Codecs are funny. This isn't. :(

Discuss.

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
I'm not crying you're crying shut up
They might go this route with his Guidance, but more likely than not it'll be some sort of "Ness with a Pompadour??" type deal.

TheEnderFriend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEnderFriend3D
3DS FC
0404-7873-6714
I hope Viridi is a Mother 3 fanboy. That would be hilarious, but it would tick sooo many people off.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that unused Guidance dialogue that was found is just going to be used for all of the DLC fighters. It's a little over the top to expect that every time they release a DLC character, they pay the voice actors to once again come up to perform a few second scripts, especially now that they're letting the fans throw out suggestions for characters.

They could always do them in bulk and have stuff sitting around for later, and since the roster was "finalized" before the game even started, it isn't too far-fetched to assume that they had the voice actors do a Guidance for all of the characters, whether or not they got cut in the end.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
While I would love to hear the KI:U cast talk at length about my boy Lucas, as ForteX said, I'm pretty sure they're just going with the generic "a fighter from another dimension" schpiel. :/

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Probably something pretty similar to the Brawl codec. They went the same route with Ness anyway (talking about how scientific PSI is compared to whatever's common in the KI/MGS universe).

Speculator

Smash Ace
I hope they actually talk about Mother 3 in the PG dialog. Ness's was just a bunch of huff about psychic powers in relation to Kid Icarus. Earthbound was barely mentioned.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
It's either gonna be bland, or there are going to be very balant vidya references for the sake of references.
I really dislike KI:Us writing in bits.
Like how Fox' codec had Pit shouting "Do a Barrel Roll!", for no other reason than memes. They really are obnoxious characters, and not in a good way.
Pit is a memelord and a menace to society.

Last edited:

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
I'm not sure but I kinda have a rough, choppy Guidance idea. (If they even record new dialogue)
(I never played Uprising, so personalities may be a bit stretched.)

Pit: I think I know this kid, what's his name again?

Palutena: That's Lucas, from the Nowhere Islands. He's a psychic, like Ness

Pit: Yeah, now I remember. He helped us out last time in the Subspace Emissary. (4th wall break?)

Palutena: Lucas had to grow up admidst a lot of turmoil throughout his life. But he found the courage to rise above it and come out as a confident, young man.

Pit: Wow, I never knew he went through that kind of stuff.

Palutena: Now Pit, to his fighting. Lucas relies more on his PSI than Ness does. Be careful when recovering after being launched. If he lands his Up-Smash on you, it will be devastating.

Pit: Okay, I'm on it! (oi puns.)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My guess: Pit will talk about how Lucas's hair reminds him of ice cream, Viridi will be a jerk and complain about Lucas being added in, and Palutena will tell Pit to use his Guardian Orbitars.

Top Bottom