• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tech : "F"air Dodging

SS | Connor

Smash Rookie
so basically when Lucas does his Fair well landing He does his Fair Ground Lag animation (when he does short hop fair he has lag when he hits the ground) his Hurtbox is actually small so he can duck under some projectiles that he can't absorb, or dunk under. Here's a link to my video on "F"air Dodging- http://youtu.be/_5SbyQd2wIs

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
A similar effect occurs when you release PK Freeze; Lucas hops off the ground ever-so-slightly and can avoid some attacks closer to the ground.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Lmao does this literally put him lower than his crouch? Can anyone confirm? I'm at work right now.

Last edited:

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it does. Like I said eariler in the thread, I've "crouched" under Pikachu's throw a couple time when he tried to punish my whiffed F-air.
This is... actually really great to know. Sounds like it could work in the Falcon matchup what with him being tall, but I know his dash attack and dash grab both sweep the floor, so I don't know how useful

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
Fun fact, you can use this as well to crouch underneath throws. I've dodged Pikachus throw that way. And U-air does it as well.
So I'm pretty sure that U-air would be more optimal since it ACs better and is like 1 or 2 frames faster.

Unless, of course, the "F-air dodge" makes him go lower. Then I'd assume that F-air would be more optimal.

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
If you get the autocancel, then you land normally, though. Which means Lucas won't go into the landing animation, which is what is actually reducing the hurtbox, unless I'm missing something.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
So I'm pretty sure that U-air would be more optimal since it ACs better and is like 1 or 2 frames faster.

Unless, of course, the "F-air dodge" makes him go lower. Then I'd assume that F-air would be more optimal.
Fair and up air are both 12 frames of landing lag as of 1.0.1.

D

Deleted member

Didn't even know this thread existed lol
I'm actually working on a video of this.

Also, JosePollo JosePollo which would you prefer...Fair or Uair?!
Uair comes out frame 7 but both have the same amount of landing lag...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Z-axis shenanigans at their finest, lol. This is amusing.

Fair landing loses a ton of effectiveness on 2D stages like Duck Hunt, though it's still slightly lower than Lucas' crouch (Samus super missile will phantom hit). On 3D stages most of his body's in the fore/background and you pretty much only have to worry about things that will sweep his legs.

Uair has a lower stance, but doesn't get really low until 5 frames into the animation. Probably the better option on 2D stages regardless.

SideB also works for this and keeps Lucas low longer, both in terms of landing lag and how long he's crouched, but doesn't go as low/"sideways" as fair/uair.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Didn't even know this thread existed lol
I'm actually working on a video of this.

Also, JosePollo JosePollo which would you prefer...Fair or Uair?!
Uair comes out frame 7 but both have the same amount of landing lag...
F-air's got the better hitbox, so if there's any non-nair aerial I'd do while landing it'd be f-air unless the opponent was above me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom