• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tech Encyclopedia - Collection of All Techniques

TheEnderFriend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEnderFriend3D
3DS FC
0404-7873-6714
==== Lucas Tech Encyclopedia ====
Collection of All Lucas Techniques
Every Smash Bros. player should agree that techniques are a big part of competitive play. That's why I'm organizing them all right here for you!
Difficulty will be ranked by color. Green = Easy, Orange = Moderate and Red = Hard.
Techniques will be removed if they have been taken out of the game via patches.​
PK Boost - If you use a reverse PK Fire at the apex of a jump, you will be boosted forwards. This is great for spacing, but the timing is very precise.
PK Wallbounce - If you bump into a wall at a certain angle, you will bounce off the wall. If you time it right, you can use PK Thunder a second time.The window is very precise, but mashing Up B will almost always work.
PK Snakeslip - Lucas can cancel his air dodge with tether. The uses for this are obvious.
PSI Magnet Cancel - Input left, right or jump right when you absorb something to automatically roll or jump. Good for avoiding pressure when magnetizing.
BAir Cancel - Use a BAir just as you are about to land to cancel PK Fire or air dodge landing lag. It might seem tricky at first, but after a few tries, it gets easier.

Last edited:

Finferno00

Smash Rookie
NNID
Finferno00
Double PK Thunder:
When hitting the stage with PK thunder 2, you have a split second where you are in hitstun instead of helpless falling. You can do another pk thunder in this. This only works twice.

(Ness tech too)

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
(Spotsnake) You can cancel your spotdodge at anytime into a snake tether. Just input a spotdodge and then whenever you'd like to do a z-air input the z-air. This can be done with anyone with a tether grab.

(Magnet Rise) While on the ledge, Jump then immediately B-reverse Magnet. If done correctly Lucas should land on the stage instantly because Magnet stops your jump momentum. Extremely useful to get back on the stage quickly after ledge trumping.

TheEnderFriend

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheEnderFriend3D
3DS FC
0404-7873-6714
(Spotsnake) You can cancel your spotdodge at anytime into a snake tether. Just input a spotdodge and then whenever you'd like to do a z-air input the z-air. This can be done with anyone with a tether grab.

(Magnet Rise) While on the ledge, Jump then immediately B-reverse Magnet. If done correctly Lucas should land on the stage instantly because Magnet stops your jump momentum. Extremely useful to get back on the stage quickly after ledge trumping.
I think by spot dodge you mean airdodge

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
a tech that took me by surprise that Lucas actually can do:

if you catch something in your PSI Magnet (DownB) and let go/press left/Right in right moment it gets absorb, you will be able to roll as if you rolled as a shield.

need more info of it and more testing since I only got this once in a match

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I believe the following should be an official tech.
Jumping in a direction and quickly starting PKM will let you float along the ground for a distance, rather then PKM in place allowing unique approach and retreat movement for lucas, as well as better spaceing to release PKM.

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
I think by spot dodge you mean airdodge
You're 100% right, sorry.

a tech that took me by surprise that Lucas actually can do:

if you catch something in your PSI Magnet (DownB) and let go/press left/Right in right moment it gets absorb, you will be able to roll as if you rolled as a shield.

need more info of it and more testing since I only got this once in a match
Almost forgot. Ness can do this as well. When you magnet a projectile you can cancel your recovery into a rollback, shield, spotdodge or jump. Forward roll doesn't work (At least it doesn't on ness, not sure about Lucas because I just assumed I couldn't so I haven't tried that.)

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Full Hop PK Fire Landing Lag Cancel ( PKF LLC ) : once you full hop, quickly input PK Fire and when you are about to touch the ground press Back Air to cancel the landing lag.

SH Airdodge Landing Lag Cancel : once you short hop airdodge, spam Back Air and the landing lag should be cancelled, its pretty easy.

Top Bottom