• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas' New Final Smash and customs discussion

Should Lucas get a New Final Smash

• Total voters

Toxiphobe

Smash Cadet
His final smash should definitely be PK Love, but because Falco has the same final smash as fox, I theorize because he's a returning character with the same moves, PK Starstorm will return.

As for customs, either Lucas won't have any, or they will be repeats of Ness'. Like Rising PK Flash, Lucas for example would have Rising PK Freeze.

Broham

Smash Rookie
I just hope lucas turns out as good or better than mewtwo did overall. Lucas's customs are most likely to be reminiscent of the Fox^Falco relationship. There will be a Ness^Lucas relationship. Overall I think Lucas will get a better ground game just like Pit^Dark Pit. The suttleties of Lucas will probably confuse most people who don't know the differences in Ness and Lucas.

Gotta love Lucas!

SuperTorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperTorn
Most likely stays at PK Starstorm for obvious stuff like
1. Falco, Sheik, Toon Link etc. having the same ones as their counterparts
2. Ness's final smash isn't PSI Rockin

I don't even understand Ness's and Lucas's moves in Smash after I finished Mother 2+3 and I'm even disappointed with most moves lel I'm just glad Project M exists to have Lucas's B be Offence Up

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
guys his up-smash is pk love

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
guys his up-smash is pk love
It was never officially stated to be, actually. We're assuming it is for multiple reasons but there is no confirmation whatsoever.

The only clues I had in mind were:

(Possible Mother 3 spoilers ahead)

That Up Smash seemingly looks like Lucas is pulling something out of the ground. Furthermore, one of his Victory Pose is indeed Lucas pulling out one of the Seven Needles from the ground.

(Now, we all know that "PK Love" is the only method known in Mother 3 to remove the Seven Needles from the ground they are connected with.)

So what about those(those being the Up Smash and the Victory Pose) ? Well, obviously enough the two animations are incredibly similar... and to top it off, both the Up Smash AND the Victory Pose use the same Voice Sampling of Lucas. Those connections is what led many to think that Lucas's Up Smash is PK Love. But as always, nothing is confirmed..

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
It was never officially stated to be, actually. We're assuming it is for multiple reasons but there is no confirmation whatsoever.

That Up Smash seemingly looks like Lucas is pulling something out of the ground. Furthermore, one of his Victory Pose is indeed Lucas pulling out one of the Seven Needles from the ground.

(Now, we all know that "PK Love" is the only method known in Mother 3 to remove the Seven Needles from the ground they are connected with.)

So what about those(those being the Up Smash and the Victory Pose) ? Well, obviously enough the two animations are incredibly similar... and to top it off, both the Up Smash AND the Victory Pose use the same Voice Sampling of Lucas. Those connections is what led many to think that Lucas's Up Smash is PK Love. But as always, nothing is confirmed..
His Up Smash is as powerful as a final smash, it might aswell be.

Schiffe

PK Love
NNID
Schiffe
His Up Smash is as powerful as a final smash, it might aswell be.
Certes. That Up Smash is literally the embodiment of power itself. It is THE Up Smash of the century (sans Ivysaur shenanigans) . I do myself think it is PK Love, but it's never officially stated to be.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
So, despite that we'll likely go custom-less, how about we think of some ideas for what Lucas' customs could be.

For PK Freeze I'd make a custom that instead of sending out a charge you can detonate at any time, Lucas' generates a cold burst around his body. Press the button and a moment later an icy blast engulfs his body (cannot be charged).

A PK Fire alternative could be a small projectile with low damage and knockback, but is fast and good at interrupting opponents, think Marios mini Fireballs.

For PSI Magnet you could of course take some of his moves right from MOTHER 3: Counter which acts as a regular counter, except it doesn't work on projectiles that would be absorbed by PSI Magnet. PSI Shield could work similar to Fox' Reflector, but only works on projectiles that the PSI Magnet can absorb.

Not really sure what you could do with PK Thunder, to be honest.

What do you guys think would be cool?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I know this will probably never happen, but I'd love a PSI Magnet that flips people around like Mewtwo's Confusion. That attack is so fun to land.

notbenny

Smash Cadet
If we get PK Love as a final smash it might be a better upsmash lol

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Then go with it anyway. :p That Up Smash is not so damn strong for nothing.

I also imagine it being PK Love, what's with partial hexagonal patterns appearing at the end of that spell's animation:

Also during pulling Doria's needle, Lucas learns PK Love Beta. So you could basically say that the "Needle Pull"-animation is a way to unleash PK Love in Smash. Or in some sort of burst of it.

Anyway, I really want Lucas to get a new Final Smash which features his party members making a cameo. Like, make Boney rush at nearest opponents which makes Duster throw Wall Staples and pin enemies down on the ground while Kumatora unleashes PK Ground and causes nasty damage on them due being breaken apart by ground below them. Lucas watches from the sides and cheers.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

It looks like PK starstorm, except that it comes from the side of the screen and not the top.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416

It looks like PK starstorm, except that it comes from the side of the screen and not the top.
I'm fairly certain that is a health-restore effect.
They probably gave him some custom equiptment that does that.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Not really sure what you could do with PK Thunder, to be honest.

What do you guys think would be cool?
Something interesting could be that instead of guiding a small lightning bolt around, you would actually control Lucas like you normally would with the bolt, but have severely less damage and knockback, and are also slower.

Top Bottom