• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas meta needs to move to more fundamental or simple aspects rather than tech

Harryyo

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
CUTT#350
NNID
Babi/Harry
3DS FC
0147-2287-4521
Switch FC
SW-2499-1333-5508
I have said outside this of smash boards but I wanna say it here

Dear Lucas players,

The day where this has to be emphasized would have eventually come sooner or later.

This is a very important message.

The reason why the Lucas meta is only improving at a slower rate is not just cause of lucas being a late meta character but the overcentralized on learning and mastering every tech.

This has therefore led to tech mastery at most but even then you wouldn't be able to apply the same way higher level players would due to tunnel visioning, there is more to neutral and advantage than execution that is character specific but also specifically technical, there is non technical easier tools for advantage that we have not optimize.

Tools that we don't utilize to the best of our ability yet.
A couple or few Lucai have gotten frustrated or have been trying to say this subtly or in their own way to deaf ears.

But I feel like this era, more people are willing to listen and take new approaches and perspectives.

The way I see it now, it's not just theory crafting but simple mentality changes, being less jump focused, adding consistency to your grounded gameplay and not just air to air or commiting to the air.

Lucas is a character with low jumps, a great fastfall in fact that people don't abuse enough due to focusing on other things.

It wasn't clear before, my focus was never about only tech.

I want to help in a more general or effective sense, especially nowadays. Hopefully this is seen as a wakeup call to some. There is knowledge, there is the body/ execution and practicing cool stuff but there is the deeper part of the mind, analyzing your own gameplay, application, applying concepts.

That's why I've been focused on working on resources that are less about tech and more about Lucas and the game as a whole, strategy and counterstrategies.
Setplay, not just combos.

Advantage is way more broad, it goes beyond just true combos and strings and not every character is combo exclusive.

One more thing to add,
It's mainly also the lack of general neutral and disadvantage optimization too that some need to work on, not just more generic advantage.

Keep working at it, don't give up and most of all, believe in the process and believe in yourselves.

It can feel disheartening and tough at times but Lucas' meta is still a bit behind but that's okay, we just need to work together and do what we can as a collective.

Wishing you all the best

Last edited:
Top Bottom