• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas In SE

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
Lucas will obviously play a role in the Subspace Emissary, though I wonder how. Who will he team up with and what challenges will he face along the way? For example, Lucas co-ops with Samus and they end up in the Ice Climber zone, fighting an unexpected boss like K Rool.

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
You want us to do all the discussion and you don't even offer ideas in your thread starter? um... Fail?

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
Well lessee, I've never played a Mother game once, so all I know is that Lucas could end up crossing paths with some other hero and going out to take down some random villain thats working for the Subspace Army.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Is just a little too hard to speculate on this things, I mean you have Rayquaza in a lake at DK's jungle and Diddy and Fox teaming up, for all we know Lucas's intervention in SE could be anything BUT Mother 3 related, for one I could see him fighting Mecha Drago, who IMO is the most emblematic boss of the game, and I also see him and Claus teaming up in some form, but I have yet to see a Claus update in the Dojo to make that plausible, I think we are a little too lacking on Mother info on the Dojo to actually speculate on this yet.

I also believe that if you haven't played Mother 3, you really have no business creating Lucas threads, is very easy to say he'll team up with Sonic and they'll kick Ridley's ***, :ohwell: but that really isn't worth any discussion.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Him teaming up with Snake and versing Mother Brain anyone? It would be crazy cool.

If Claus is playable, I would expect some sort of confrontation between them eventually though, Im sure Sakurai would want to pay tribute to Mother 3 (he helped with it) and their situation is pretty emotional...

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Here is what I hope will happen: The princess you save during Petey's fight finds Lucas fighting off a bunch of primid in New Pork City, and she begins to help him. Once they beat him, a voice comes out of nowhere and taunts them into the Empire Porky Building. They fight through to the 100th floor (This would really work good as a SE stage if you really think about it) where you have to fight Porky Bots. After you beat 10 of them (think multi man melee), Porky comes down on a vine and attacks. After HE'S beaten, you have to go down an elevator shaft into a dark purplish cave where you find Claus standing with his back turned. He quickly turns around and swings at Lucas causing lightning to strike him, but Lucas reveals he's wearing the franklin badge, so the lightning bolt gets reflected. He flinches, and then you have to fight him. He turns into a trophy after you beat him, and you see the final needle sticking out of the ground. You pull it, and a huge geyser (sp?) bursts out of the ground, firing both of you into the abyss surrounding the area. The screen fades out, and the princess wakes up on the surface, and Lucas is nowhere to be seen.

What do you guys, particularily vesper, think? :chuckle:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here is what I hope will happen: The princess you save during Petey's fight finds Lucas fighting off a bunch of primid in New Pork City, and she begins to help him. Once they beat him, a voice comes out of nowhere and taunts them into the Empire Porky Building. They fight through to the 100th floor (This would really work good as a SE stage if you really think about it) where you have to fight Porky Bots. After you beat 10 of them (think multi man melee), Porky comes down on a vine and attacks. After HE'S beaten, you have to go down an elevator shaft into a dark purplish cave where you find Claus standing with his back turned. He quickly turns around and swings at Lucas causing lightning to strike him, but Lucas reveals he's wearing the franklin badge, so the lightning bolt gets reflected. He flinches, and then you have to fight him. He turns into a trophy after you beat him, and you see the final needle sticking out of the ground. You pull it, and a huge geyser (sp?) bursts out of the ground, firing both of you into the abyss surrounding the area. The screen fades out, and the princess wakes up on the surface, and Lucas is nowhere to be seen.

Where's Kirby in all this. A SE video on Gametrailers reveals that the Princess goes with Kirby. Also, what happens to Claus? More importantly, is Lucas even aware? Does he get resurrected and eventually he meets a happier ending?

Vesperview, it's been shown already that some characters may be teamed up based on series, at least initially.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I don't think he'll have a role unless you pick him to start, he';s not in the starting line-up and isn't a main character. Lucas WILL be an awsome smasher though =). Psy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How do you know he's not a starter? Also, from the looks of it, SE will feature every character and you don't start off with any character you want.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Where's Kirby in all this. A SE video on Gametrailers reveals that the Princess goes with Kirby. Also, what happens to Claus? More importantly, is Lucas even aware? Does he get resurrected and eventually he meets a happier ending?

Vesperview, it's been shown already that some characters may be teamed up based on series, at least initially.
I never saw any SE videos :( GT videos absolutely will not load for me

1) Maybe Kirby got tangled up with Metaknight and signaled to peach to go on.

2) Claus-He just turns into a trophy and is left behind. I would have him die, but you know... This is Smash. "Being turned into a trophy is much like death"

3)Is Lucas aware of what?

4)Lucas and the princess just get seperated.

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
I like these ideas but none will ever happen. It's been anounced that all characters (exept Wario, Zelda, Kirby and the Ice Climbers) that weren't in the E for all demo will be unlockable. Which means Lucas can't be in the SE. Would they let you play as a character you haven't unlocked yet? But the ideas are cool.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Kirby seems to be with Ness in a lot of pictures.
I guess it would be a cool pair if Lucas and Kirby got together even if just for one battle.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I like these ideas but none will ever happen. It's been anounced that all characters (exept Wario, Zelda, Kirby and the Ice Climbers) that weren't in the E for all demo will be unlockable. Which means Lucas can't be in the SE. Would they let you play as a character you haven't unlocked yet? But the ideas are cool.
No one said that the characters that weren't at the E for All demo weren't starters, most characters probably don't make their appearance right at the beginning stages of SE anyway.

I absolutely love the idea, wish that would actually happen, it would be SO cool, I'd like to see how other characters would interact in that scenario like Peach or Pit.

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
Nobody exept oh... Sakrai (probly spelled wrong but consider that I am saying this from my Wii.) I remember reading a post from 1up about an interview with him. But ya never know. Also he said he would not put too much emphysis on the Japanese only characters (which is why Marth and Roy were replaced by Ike).

vesperview

Smash Hero
Nobody exept oh... Sakrai (probly spelled wrong but consider that I am saying this from my Wii.) I remember reading a post from 1up about an interview with him. But ya never know. Also he said he would not put too much emphysis on the Japanese only characters (which is why Marth and Roy were replaced by Ike).
Marth hasn't been replaced by Ike, where are you getting your facts? Marth has his game being remade on the DS which will be released worldwide.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Another reasom why I think Lucas is unlockable is because when he was revealed he had a banner over him that said "Warning Challenger Aproaching". Those are the same words shown in melee when you are about to fight a character where if you win you unlock them.
But all newcomers had that banner, not just the unlockables specifically.

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
MOTHER 3 spoilers.

I think it will involve Porky/Pokey.
He will probly be a boss that is in a in a creepy bed/spider mech.
And there will probly be a little bit(Or a huge bit, like a playable.) involveing the Masked Man.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You want us to do all the discussion and you don't even offer ideas in your thread starter? um... Fail?
It's a JAPAN ONLY GAME! Give the person some slack. As for Lucas...him teaming with Meta Knight would be lulz. Seriously...he follows Meta Knights orders, thinkning Meta Knight is a good guy after they fight King Dedede. Then, they fight Overlord Zant, in a Donkey Kong area. Image...a MOTHER series character, teaming with a Kirby character, fighting a Zelda character/boss (he'd be a boss) in a Donkey Kong area. The thought would simply be very exciting! :) I'd pay to see Ness vs. Lucas, lulz. Or even better then Meta Knight....Lucas teams with Geno! :chuckle:

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
It's a JAPAN ONLY GAME! Give the person some slack. As for Lucas...him teaming with Meta Knight would be lulz. Seriously...he follows Meta Knights orders, thinkning Meta Knight is a good guy after they fight King Dedede. Then, they fight Overlord Zant, in a Donkey Kong area. Image...a MOTHER series character, teaming with a Kirby character, fighting a Zelda character/boss (he'd be a boss) in a Donkey Kong area. The thought would simply be very exciting! :) I'd pay to see Ness vs. Lucas, lulz. Or even better then Meta Knight....Lucas teams with Geno! :chuckle:
It may be Japan only, but it's only 20 $!
Comon....I hear it calling you...

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
god people, get back on track.
Now, Lucas is an amazing storyline character, and should finish the SE.
Or at least be second-to last; mario and Sonic are the most important.
It has been said that you unlock most characters through SE, so he will almost definitely be one of those characters.
I enjoy the idea of Lucas summoning the Great Dragon or whatever the hell the correct translation is.
Nihongo Wa; Shabelimasen.
Claus...Could be a completely different character. I don't like the idea of using the cliched Franlkin Badge to have Claus attack himself in the beginning of the match. That's just me. SE is supposed to be original.
Claus would be a strong melee attacker with his electric sword and thunder-related attacks.
No Lucas clone. Completely different, not like luigi's one move difference.
Siiigh...Such great dreams, all of you...such small chances...

hyruleboy

Smash Apprentice
god people, get back on track.
Now, Lucas is an amazing storyline character, and should finish the SE.
Or at least be second-to last; mario and Sonic are the most important.
It has been said that you unlock most characters through SE, so he will almost definitely be one of those characters.
I enjoy the idea of Lucas summoning the Great Dragon or whatever the hell the correct translation is.
Nihongo Wa; Shabelimasen.
Claus...Could be a completely different character. I don't like the idea of using the cliched Franlkin Badge to have Claus attack himself in the beginning of the match. That's just me. SE is supposed to be original.
Claus would be a strong melee attacker with his electric sword and thunder-related attacks.
No Lucas clone. Completely different, not like luigi's one move difference.
Siiigh...Such great dreams, all of you...such small chances...
Yeah, I want Lucas to finish it,
But maybe it could be like Claus saves him from the final boss, but then goes completely crazy and attacks him.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
I hope Ness get brutally murdered and Lucas is brought into replace him.
Well, I think you're probably the one person who would say that... everyone else around here would want the exact opposite happening, I think! Personally, I think I'm the only one who would like Ness and Lucas to team up at some point... chosen ones from different generations teaming up to fight some otherworldly bad guy? It would be spiffy.

I don't think it's possible for characters in Smash to be murdered either... everyone just turns into a trophy when their games are over. Unless trophies can be broken, there is no real permanent death.

Also, this is my 100th post here. Lovely.

Droogieb

Smash Apprentice
Something to think about(vesper might have mentioned this) but in SE you don't team up with your same series (ex. Fox and Diddy vs Rayquazza) So we could have anything. Personally I like Lucas with PT. I would like them to start the fight off against hmmm....... i don't know maybe... AHA maybe an F-Zero enemy.... That would be odd but you get my point.

Also I had another thought that I posted in a Claus topic:

In SE the final stage for every character is against their series Boss (if not vs Ancient Minister) A Lucas and Converted Claus vs Pokey would be ill.

Top Bottom