• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas D-throw to Bair can be so good

holymario

Smash Apprentice
If used at the end of the stage. Paired with characters with limited recovery options... See for yourself

abx

Smash Journeyman
Admittedly you put some practice into your combos and every now and then you demonstrate some decent zoning, but your desperate attempts at grabbing are horrible to behold. That Bowser Jr. was way too forgiving, even asking for it. I wouldn't even mention it since it's OT, but seriously, this is pretty hardcore.

SpandexBullets

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thespandex
If used at the end of the stage. Paired with characters with limited recovery options... See for yourself
Interessant...

I really do think that once the technical Lucas's start climbing in tournament placement, we might see a significant rise.

holymario

Smash Apprentice
Admittedly you put some practice into your combos and every now and then you demonstrate some decent zoning, but your desperate attempts at grabbing are horrible to behold. That Bowser Jr. was way too forgiving, even asking for it. I wouldn't even mention it since it's OT, but seriously, this is pretty hardcore.
I know I still struggle with a lot of things. (and I was going for grabs because he wasn't that good ^^) Also this was recorded like 2-3 weeks ago. I worked on myself but I still need to improve alot. My main problems with improving are: 1st. good players are rare on For Glory. 2nd. Good players that for some reason don't leave after the first match (even if they win) are even more rare. 3rd. I can't go to tournaments because I live in a small town in germany with no bigger city which I could reach. 4th My friends can't help me get better either.

I am pretty much stuck on my skill level right now but thx for the feedback

Last edited:

abx

Smash Journeyman
In hindsight I'd like to apologize for sounding rude. It didn't occured to me when I posted it but now it does and I hope it didn't come over that way.
Second I advise to not consider FG as a good training ground. You already mentioned one main reason, the other is the lack of constructive feedback. Your best option is to look for someone who is willing and capable of playing with you via friend's list, preferably several.

holymario

Smash Apprentice
In hindsight I'd like to apologize for sounding rude. It didn't occured to me when I posted it but now it does and I hope it didn't come over that way.
Second I advise to not consider FG as a good training ground. You already mentioned one main reason, the other is the lack of constructive feedback. Your best option is to look for someone who is willing and capable of playing with you via friend's list, preferably several.
It just sounded like constructive feedback, don't worry^^ I know I wasn't that good in the clip. I try to find some people online to play. I already tried 2 times before but each of them were in america and thx to the distance between us (at least I think thats why) I had input lag :|

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
It just sounded like constructive feedback, don't worry^^ I know I wasn't that good in the clip. I try to find some people online to play. I already tried 2 times before but each of them were in america and thx to the distance between us (at least I think thats why) I had input lag :|
Go to Smash Ladder and sign up, if you haven't. You'll get better and find good players there than For Glory.

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
I live in Sweden, i feel your pain... A LAN-adapter can help a bit, but it wont solve the problem entirely. Btw, if you get the sourspot on bair from Downthrow bair, you can follow up with a pk fire! This is most effective if they DI away from you, if they DI towards you you can still sometimes link it to a sweetspot Bair.

Top Bottom