• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario vs Space animal

Pogi

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I've been playing project m for about a month now, and I have decided to main lucario. It seems to be that my play style doesn't work well against space animals. What are some tips for this match up?

SilverAlloy

Smash Rookie
Focus a lot on your movement when playing spacies. Wavelanding on platforms is one thing you need to be really strong at to avoid pressure, as well as wavedashing oos. Always try to read where the space animal is going, and ideally if you want to start a combo, you'd want to land a dash-attack or f-air to side-b at 0%. Down-b is another strong movement option, with a lot of invincibility and mixup potential. Something else to note is that Lucario has a free chain grab with up-throw starting at 40%, you can finish it with nair or dash-attack -> d-smash to knock them off-stage for a favorable edgeguarding situation. Spacies are mostly a MU you need to play to really get the hang of, but once you do you can really see that Lucario can stomp them if played correctly.

Zoa

Smash Ace
Just a general KO tip, but the spacies will always eat an Aura Bomb (super Aura Sphere) out of a cancelled usmash.

Pogi

Smash Rookie
Focus a lot on your movement when playing spacies. Wavelanding on platforms is one thing you need to be really strong at to avoid pressure, as well as wavedashing oos. Always try to read where the space animal is going, and ideally if you want to start a combo, you'd want to land a dash-attack or f-air to side-b at 0%. Down-b is another strong movement option, with a lot of invincibility and mixup potential. Something else to note is that Lucario has a free chain grab with up-throw starting at 40%, you can finish it with nair or dash-attack -> d-smash to knock them off-stage for a favorable edgeguarding situation. Spacies are mostly a MU you need to play to really get the hang of, but once you do you can really see that Lucario can stomp them if played correctly.
Thank you so much for this! I see an improvement in my game play beacause of this.

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
cancel ASAP though because usmash is very SDIable

spacies are easy to combo but they have a great neutral game whereas lucario's is meh. and they can combo him pretty hard too. gimping them, especially falco, is pretty easy. fox is a liiiiittle harder because he actually has a not bad recovery. wolf is my favourite MU of the three because he's a bit easier to get in on and really easy to combo.

falco is probably the hardest of the three for me because lasers and pillars and dair completely stuffs lucario's vertical recovery :T

Pogi

Smash Rookie
cancel ASAP though because usmash is very SDIable

spacies are easy to combo but they have a great neutral game whereas lucario's is meh. and they can combo him pretty hard too. gimping them, especially falco, is pretty easy. fox is a liiiiittle harder because he actually has a not bad recovery. wolf is my favourite MU of the three because he's a bit easier to get in on and really easy to combo.

falco is probably the hardest of the three for me because lasers and pillars and dair completely stuffs lucario's vertical recovery :T
Haha yes exactly, I face so many falcos that's why I made this thread. Thank you, I'll make sure to cancel early.

Top Bottom