• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Troubles.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I need help against my friend's Lucario =[

I keep getting out ranged, especially when I'm under him in the air. Since I'm under him, I'd try to do uair combos, but he always hits me with his dair. I try staying back and camping, while spamming fire balls, but he counters with spamming shadow ball(or what ever that move is). Every time I try to cape, he uses the lag to approach me and combos.

I play this guy a lot, so he knows my play style, mindgame'd status, but I can easily destroy all his other characters, minus the exception of Lucario. Any tips..?

COMMANDLIST

Smash Cadet
My friend I know the feeling. I went thrugh the exact same thing but I overcame Lucario's edge over Mario. All I did was use his own moves against him simply meaning make him do the wrong moves.

If he uses dair alot position yourself so you can attack with an bair instead of an uair so you avoid yourself from being hit. Your projectile is far more better than his so it's okay to spam them but only to can get in close and destroy him. Make wise approaches, proceed with caution, play unorthodox but smart and chose your moves correctly.

We all have to pitch in if we're goin to make ''Mario the ultimate metagame.'':)

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Be spontaneous never let him predict your move and spam the cape and fireball and reflect on the shadow ball.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
hit him up, it is very easy to star KO lucario

dont play on FD since that is a lucario players wet dream

Lucario doesn't have any moves that KO until you're at about 125%, his KO power starts kicking in at 50-80%

Lucario has poor grab range but his throws are good so keep him away

aura sphere is a very good projectile but it is easy to reflect, force palm (his side-b) is considered a projectile so you can reflect that with your cape as well

extreme speed is a better recovery move than you think, not as easy to gimp as one might think

if i were you i would stay on the ground as much as you can

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Lucario is a weird match simply because you have to play very different

Lucario can out spam mario
Lucario out prioritizes on alot of attacks
Mario's combo game gets destroyed by Lucario's Dair

However as previously stated...his Aura Sphere is good but it's really easily read and easy to cape

as soon as I play more Lucarios I'll be able to help out more

???????

Smash Journeyman
Extreme Speed cannot be caped but you can use the F.L.U.D.D. to stop it.

*Lucario is farily easy to juggle as long as you avoid his Dair*

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I've caped extreme speed once, lol...

We mostly play FD... so I guess he will always get stage advantage over me..

It's our final's week next week, so we'll be studying a lot... but if we have time, I'll record/post some matches so you guys can have an idea..

???????

Smash Journeyman
Alright, then I just haven't been getting good results; I learn things as well.

*I've been trying to cape during the initial animation*

Top Bottom