• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario OoS Options?

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know what to do out of shield with Lucario when facing shield pressure. I usually try to dair or fair out, but that's generally ineffective against Squirtles and Sonics. Any suggestions?

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
I usually just jump out of shield because lucario's shield is so ****ty, after 1 attack it has like 0 chance of blocking another one. So I just jump and hope my jump has ran away from the attack.

Risky

Smash Ace
You have to buffer rolls, jump out of shield, or just crouch cancel. Usmash is ok and can hit behind you which is relevant.

Generally you should be dash dancing a lot and trying to avoid shielding entirely.

Last edited:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I usually dair people hitting my shield, but there's also downb. Jumping to drop your shield, and doubleteaming away is a possible option.

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah shielding is generally a bad idea, I get that. Lucario's wavedash is pretty weak tbh, when you're getting pressured by a Fox/Sonic/Squirtle, a wavedash won't really get you out of there.

In terms of USmashing out of shield, I can't seem to do it. Can you not do it with the Cstick?

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
WD OoS isnt the most amazing thing but its certainly is a useful tool to have in your kit

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
side dodge being? spot dodge or roll? not familiar with that particular term

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Charge your aura ball half way and store it. This makes the charge animation hit box a little bigger. you can short hop OoS and aura ball cancel. the hit box for this move comes out frame 1 but it's really small. The charging hitbox wont hit them far but it can interrupt the opponent and they may not be expecting it. If you cancel fast enough you can get a nair out in that same short hop and connect it if the charging hit box didn't hit them far away.

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
Charge your aura ball half way and store it. This makes the charge animation hit box a little bigger. you can short hop OoS and aura ball cancel. the hit box for this move comes out frame 1 but it's really small. The charging hitbox wont hit them far but it can interrupt the opponent and they may not be expecting it. If you cancel fast enough you can get a nair out in that same short hop and connect it if the charging hit box didn't hit them far away.
seems amazing if it can be pulled off. How small a hitbox we talking abouT?

@ bec bec , yeah i was referring to spot dodge.

Alexander Duprey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-0311-7929
That sounds like it has some potential, do you have success with it as an OoS option? Video footage maybe?

Top Bottom