• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Ledgehog

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Something pretty cool you can do in a fight for mindgames. If you are on a flat stage and you knock someone off of the stage, you can stand at about 1/3 of the distance of FD or less away from the ledge. Make sure you are standing, and you can do Extremespeed (up + b) towards the end of the stage and down, and you will grab the ledge in the time it takes extremespeed to go off.

Example. Lets say i send Ike flying. Im just standing at about 1/3 of the stage (almost 1/2 actually) . He uses his LeftB to recover and since you arent near the ledge, most likely Aims for the ledge or close to it so he wont land next to you. at that point you can extremespeed to that ledge, since you will beat him to it most of the time (depending on how high he is relative to the level). Im not sure if Ike would actually hit you when he collides with you at that point, but you could do another up+b to recover, as you can make it to the ledge from almost offscreen while under the stage

you could also just use it as a way to grab a ledge from far away at any point to get away from an opponent, like a charged beam from samus or another lucario, pokemon trainer final smash if you using items, etc.

What you guys think?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I found this out about a week ago. It's really sneaky. One of those things you want to use on the last stock.

MrSquinshee

Smash Cadet
That's actually a pretty neat idea (opponents, especially n00bs won't see that coming)!

Speaking of n00bs, looks like both GameDragonX and I have joined the Smash Boards as soon as Brawl came out! Looking to get the best in your play group as well, eh?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
That's actually a pretty neat idea (opponents, especially n00bs won't see that coming)!

Speaking of n00bs, looks like both GameDragonX and I have joined the Smash Boards as soon as Brawl came out! Looking to get the best in your play group as well, eh?
what can i say? im trying to at least stay with the pack this time, unlike in melee, where i lost everyone in like 2005

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
This is news? Seriously? Wow...
lawl troll.

Seriously though, not many characters can grab the ledge almost instantly from standing on the stage. It's not exactly groundbreaking game-changing stuff we're working with here, but I think it at least deserved a mention.

And im not just saying that cause i made the thread. Right now im at a point where i love using Lucario, but im having a hard time finding ways to effectively win with him, especially in the KO-ing department. Anything positive i find about him is basically a godsend at this point, at least to me anyway. Its frustrating, because he is built for air combos but his KO moves are all ground attacks (except for dair)

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
well at least it's not something incredibly obvious like the guy making the thread about lucario powering up as he gets damaged... good find. i don't see it being very effective, but it probably could work well against a noob who doesn't aim for the ledge with their recovery moves.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
actually u can do it any distance on the stage, as long as it reaches. I was experimenting with Lucarios UpB and there are alot of mindgame things you can pull off, it's really cool.

Top Bottom