• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario Aura Help

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Im sure theres a thread somewhere, I searched and couldn't find it.

Anyway, simple questions: exactly how much aura does lucario get on hit? are all hits equal? Is it based on how much percent a move does? how many hits to one meter?
Do double-hitting moves count for more?

Also it doesn't appear that grabs count at all.

If you know the answers, please share, if you know a thread, please direct me there.
(dat rhyme tho)

Thanks smash bros.

Last edited:

Gooch

Smash Cadet
You get 1 aura charge for every ~50% damage done. No matter how many hits.

Grabs and aura spheres do not work towards it.
But Force Palm does!

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. So I watched a stream where IPK was hitting waddledees with his attacks, and the commentators were saying that he was building aura. So I imagine the waddledees take attacks and recieve damage, and the percent just counts toward building aura?

Are there any other things that might build aura? (most of these probibally wouldn't matter but I think i'll ask anyway"

What about clanks? do they build aura?

Punching links bombs?

Gooch

Smash Cadet
As long as they actually take damage, you can gain aura.
(Shy guys, waddledees, smashville balloon)
hitboxes like bombs and other projectiles do not.
clanking does not either.

Leirkov

Smash Cadet
The aura formula is as follows.

1.2x the % dealt on a physical strike (unblocked, and only accounts for non grabs and projectiles. Aura Sphere, Flame Aura from SideB etc don't count) is converted to aura points. 50 Points = 1 Charge, and obviously you can max at 100 Points / 2 Charges.

0.6x the % dealt on a blocked strike is converted to aura points. Same concept as before.

So for example, a Fsmash doing 16% will give 19.2 Aura Points on hit, and 9,6 Aura Points on shield.

Top Bottom