• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love jumps in Smash 4?

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
I apologize in advance if there's already a thread for this -- I tried doing a search but came up empty-handed.

Do you think we'll be able to love jump in Smash 4?

Beyond: Two Fujins

Banned via Warnings

Love jumping was a near useless technique that actually hindered Zelda more than it helped her in most situations
Not sure why anyone would want it back.

Mocha did make it look cool though

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
I would argue it's a great technique in Project M, but then again that's not developed by Nintendo so I guess I'm just hoping for some Project M influences, haha.

SpLSlick

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpLSlick
3DS FC
3540-1397-4329
I would argue it's a great technique in Project M, but then again that's not developed by Nintendo so I guess I'm just hoping for some Project M influences, haha.
If you don't mind me asking, what is love jumping??? =[ =[ =[ =[

Tohfoo

Smash Cadet
So it was a brawl/pm feature then? :O :O :O Seems pretty cool...Kind of wished she could dance to the left or to the right when she did that move =[
Yeah, I think it only works in Brawl and PM. I like the technique a lot. You can go left or right with it -- Zhime sort of does it in the video.

SpLSlick

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpLSlick
3DS FC
3540-1397-4329
Yeah, I think it only works in Brawl and PM. I like the technique a lot. You can go left or right with it -- Zhime sort of does it in the video.
Yeah but I meant like if she can do it while grounded and in the air =[

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
Well it looks like her teleportation trick is back shown here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs at 4:19. I don't really understand if Love jumping was supposed to even be in Brawl or if it just had something to do with the technical aspects that weren't noticed but I think if its potential is fixed (new animation or easier to control) it could become useful and viable.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Love jumping was a near useless technique that actually hindered Zelda more than it helped her in most situations
Not sure why anyone would want it back.
Love Jumping is a fantastic option. If you are hit at a low angle, it aids your recovery, and in the middle of the fray, it prevents you from being combo food. It makes her go higher and faster than a regular jump, so using it as "Nayru's Escape" is VERY useful.

Nintendo Fan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer-Robert1498
3DS FC
3050-7577-7020
Love Jumping is a fantastic option. If you are hit at a low angle, it aids your recovery, and in the middle of the fray, it prevents you from being combo food. It makes her go higher and faster than a regular jump, so using it as "Nayru's Escape" is VERY useful.
Agreed. In addition, if they do include it, they should fix it so that I don't end up using Din's fire to commit suicide. Normally I don't, but it's hard to control it when you're blasted off-stage and need to recover...

Also, has anyone seen any Zelda footage that perhaps gives any evidence of this as of now? I can only find a few rare videos that seem to have the Zelda player just pressing it in mid-air and not during Zelda's launch momentum.

Top Bottom