• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Love Jump Help

D

Deleted member

I'm currently practicing this technique and have only been able to pull it off (kinda) once. Any tips would be appreciated, thank you.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I'm currently practicing this technique and have only been able to pull it off (kinda) once. Any tips would be appreciated, thank you.
It only really has situational usefulness but, in order to do it more consistently, you have to input jump and then neutral-B a few frames after the jump input. It can only be done when you're in freefall. The longer you wait to input the Neutral-B, the shorter you'll go. I'm sure someone else will probably share a video or something on it that'll be more helpful since visual examples are more helpful generally.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
It only really has situational usefulness but, in order to do it more consistently, you have to input jump and then neutral-B a few frames after the jump input. It can only be done when you're in freefall. The longer you wait to input the Neutral-B, the shorter you'll go. I'm sure someone else will probably share a video or something on it that'll be more helpful since visual examples are more helpful generally.
I actually just looked up a video on this because I didn't know what it was, and it seems useful! Time to practice it when I get off of work. Us Gorls need all the AT we can get.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
So you have to be hurt first in order for it to work?

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
So you have to be hurt first in order for it to work?
Yes. It can only be done if you're in a tumble animation so you have to be hit first. That's the reason I say its situational because it only really helps get us vertical while recovering which we don't need. Also, Zelda doesn't want to recover high anyway so it's kinda niche if you ask me. I haven't tried using it to get out of combos. I suspect it's too slow to do that kinda thing.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Yes. It can only be done if you're in a tumble animation so you have to be hit first. That's the reason I say its situational because it only really helps get us vertical while recovering which we don't need. Also, Zelda doesn't want to recover high anyway so it's kinda niche if you ask me. I haven't tried using it to get out of combos. I suspect it's too slow to do that kinda thing.
I see. I tried my best to get it down, but even then its still a weird 50/50 for me. If we were able to do it on command (without the need to be hit first), then it'd be way more useful. I mean, it still has its usues, but like you said, it's more of a situational thing.

Top Bottom