• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Louisiana Power Rankings (15 Dec 2015)

Astro !=

Smash Cadet
  1. Samsora :4peach:
  2. Captain Zack :4peach:
  3. Bman1k :4sonic::4mario:
  4. BSP :4pacman::4mario:
  5. Brawlerg31 :4littlemac::4ryu:
  6. Creatious :rosalina:
  7. The Forkies :4metaknight:
  8. Champ :luigi2::4villager:
  9. Captain Clutch :4villager::4pikachu:
  10. Whattageek :4charizard:

Honorable mentions:
Ben :4falcon:
Sloth :4rob:

It took 2 months for us to make this thing, but here it is. We used results from tournaments as far back as MGL 13 [29 Aug], and as recently as LUST VII [13 Dec]. A full list of tournaments used as well as a list of all panel members can be found at the bottom of this post.

I wrote a paragraph or so explaining each placing below.

Samsora
Main: Peach

This should come as a surprise to no one. Samsora's only in state set loss was in WF vs Captain Zack (Samsora took both sets of GF, winning BAG 3). His out of state performance has been incredible, beating PWii, jjrockets, and Trela at MLG, and defeating the Wall and KJ to win Scion. He also has a win vs MJG at the battlegrounds. Samsora has proven that not only is he the best Smash4 player in LA, but he's also a legitimate national threat. And Peach is OP.

Captain Zack
Main: Peach

Proving that age is just a number, Captain Zack solidified his number 2 placing this last weekend when he won LUST VII over Bman1k. He has a winning record against everyone in state except for Samsora, and he's the only one to take a set vs. Samsora since August. He recently got 9th at battlegrounds, and was the only other LA representative to make it out of pools at MLG. He also notably took a set from Seagull Joe at CEO last summer. Zack plays for the glory of KPop.

Bman1K
Main: Sonic
Secondary: Mario

Despite spending most of his time at college in Mississippi, Brawlman is still an LA native at heart. He has had relatively low tournament attendance since this Summer, but his results are still impressive. He has a positive record over everyone below him, and is even in sets with Captain Zack (though Zack won the tournament). Though he hasn't played Samsora lately, they went relatively even last summer. His out of state presence is limited to Scion, where he beat Sassy and PWii before being double eliminated by the Wall to take 3rd. He also took 5 stocks in the LA vs Texas crew battle as the anchor (2 from arijuana, 3 from KJ). He used to take flack for playing an annoying character like Sonic. Actually, he still does.

BSP
Mains: Pac Man and Mario

BSP was a low tier hero back in Brawl, playing Mario, Sonic, and Luigi. He vowed not to repeat his mistake, but he did by maining Pac Man. BSP has been unable to beat the top 3, but he does well against everyone below him. He is very dominate over Baton Rouge, in fact he's never dropped a set to a Baton Rouge resident. One day he'll see the light and pick up Falcon as his main, but until then we're stuck with time outs and Mario.

BrawlerG31
Mains: Little Mac and Ryu

Mr. "KO punch and chill" himself. BrawlerG is a salt machine, even beating him makes you salty. He was fairly dominate in the Slidell scene in the early days, but he's really shined since moving to BR. He has a positive record vs everyone below him, and boasts impressive set wins vs Captain Zack and Bman1k. He's also 3-0 with Sol in Little Mac ditto money matches, and is 1-0 with both Asa and PWii. In the LA vs Texas crew battle, he took 3 stocks from Sassy (losing 2) forcing Texas to send out their best player, the Wall, to finish him off. Despite his impressive performances however, his abysmal record vs BSP and his set losses to randoms like Astro!= have put him at 5th place. Ding Ding indeed.

Creatious
Main: Rosalina
Secondary: Mario

When a prominent Brawl ROB picks up Rosalina, you know you're in for a rough time. Creatious is a very strong Rosa player, boasting an even record vs BSP, a 1-2 record with BrawlerG31, and a 4-2 record vs the Forkies. However, he also has losses to Sloth, Captain Clutch, and Astro!=, which ultimately puts him at 6th.

The Forkies
Main: Meta Knight
Secondary: DK

The Forkies is the first player on this list who wasn't known in Brawl. In fact, he didn't show up on the radar until he got 2nd at MGL 13, beating Captain Zack, Captain Clutch, and Xprov before resetting the bracket vs BSP. Although he's been relatively inactive since, his performance has been solid. Ultimately, his losing record vs Creatious and his loss to Sloth put him at 7th place.

Champ
Mains: Luigi and Villager

Who is Champ? He's one of the most active players in the state, and is one of the few who actively travel out of state. He has been unable to beat anyone ranked above him, but has wins vs Whattageek, Sloth, Lee Martin, and Chub. He also took 3 stocks in the LA vs Texas crew battle, 2 from asa and 1 from arijuana. Although he has losses to JTC, Captain Clutch, and Astro!=, those losses were not very recent and therefore Champ takes 8th place.

Captain Clutch
Main: Villager and Pikachu

Because he's confined to Slidell, it's hard to compare him to the rest of the top 8. There is certainly an argument to switch him and Champ, but his losses to Champ and Byron at GameOver4Cancer were persuasive enough to end that argument. He has wins vs Creatious and Sloth, and has taken a game off of Samsora. With more tournament attendance, Clutch could very well break into the top 6.

Whattageek
Main: Charizard

No 1 on the sandbagging tier, Whattageek very rarely plays at top form. He's also mostly found in Lafayette, making it even more difficult to gauge his skill. He has wins over Champ and Astro!= that guy he beat, and had a very close set with PWii. Although there are a few unmentioned players in state who have a decent chance to beat him, we're confident that Whattageek deserves the 10th spot.

Ben
Main: Falcon

Ben showed up out of nowhere. He was the fifth man in the LA vs Texas crew battle, and took 1 stock from the Wall and another from asa. His only tournament performance that we could find included beating Harlow and Whattageek, but we can't rightfully place him on a PR after he's been around for only a few weeks. He's someone to take note of for sure, but he needs to show up to more events so we can really get an idea of his skill level.

Sloth
Main: ROB

Sloth went from being OK in the Summer to being a top 3 contender at any local. He's 1-0 with the Forkies and 1-1 with Creatious, but he hasn't beaten any other 10 ten player. With more exposure, he could potentially break into top 10.

Samsora (Slidell)
Captain Zack (New Orleans)
Bman1k (Mississippi)
BSP (Baton Rouge)
Brawlerg31 (Slidell / Baton Rouge)
Champ (Baton Rouge)
Astro!= (Baton Rouge)

Last edited:

Whattageek

Smash Rookie
I honestly think the #10 spot should go to someone more qualified than me. Tourney results and skill are one thing, but effort may need to be taken into consideration here as well. Of this top 10, I think I may be the laziest (or least competitive) player here, so with people like Ben, Astro, Lonk, and Co-op (all of whom are suited more for competitive), I don't think I deserve to be that high on the Power Rankings.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Not really sure about this PR... But I know I'm not top 10 so I don't really care. And I don't really want to argue that anyone is too high because I like you guys and I don't want no beef. I must say though, the lack of NOLA players is a little startling..

However, I'm curious: what would my placing be? Am I even in top 20?

Last edited:

Astro !=

Smash Cadet
I honestly think the #10 spot should go to someone more qualified than me. Tourney results and skill are one thing, but effort may need to be taken into consideration here as well. Of this top 10, I think I may be the laziest (or least competitive) player here, so with people like Ben, Astro, Lonk, and Co-op (all of whom are suited more for competitive), I don't think I deserve to be that high on the Power Rankings.
Well Whattageek, we decided that you should be 10th. Even though you don't particularly try, you're still very skilled and we honestly think you belong at 10th. Ben is likely better, but he's too new. Lonk lost to my Falcon so he's a fraud, and Lance and I suck. A part of me hopes that seeing how well you placed will motivate you to play a bit more seriously, but only time will tell.

Not really sure about this PR... But I know I'm not top 10 so I don't really care. And I don't really want to argue that anyone is too high because I like you guys and I don't want no beef. I must say though, the lack of NOLA players is a little startling..

However, I'm curious: what would my placing be? Am I even in top 20?
So there's two other NOLA players of note, Jnig and xprov. Jnig quit smash 4 for Melee, and xprov hasn't been to a tournament since August.

Out of curiosity, who do you think is too high?

Top 20 yes, top 15 maybe. Personally, I'd put Sloth, Scruffy, Harlow, Chub, and Praxx in the top 15. Next 5 would be JTC, Lonk, Lightning, and not sure about the other two. Maybe me, but I'm super biased towards myself, plus I've been on a break lately so I'm pretty bad.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Looking at the panel, is this really a fair assessment when 2/3 of the people in the panel are from Baton Rouge? There being only one NOLA tournament listed is also very concerning.

Astro !=

Smash Cadet
So firstly, this panel was made back in September when Gabe was entirely Slidell, Champ was the only one who had traveled to Lafayette, Lake Charles, and Texas, and BSP was/is too good to leave off. We also had JSalt from New Orleans but he quit smash 4 after MLG. I'm only here to facilitate the creation of this thing, I tried to limit my input and bias.

Secondly, find me another New Orleans tourney with anyone notable other than Captain Zack in attendance. Ever since MGL stopped being a thing no one has stepped up to host consistent NO smash4 events and it's shown in their lack of presence on the PR. Xprov and Jsalt were top level threats in August but they disappeared. If you had followed the scene you'd know that NO is literally just Zack right now.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I liked reading the descriptions for the players lmao

Last edited:
Top Bottom