• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost in Vivo's Siren for Smash! +Assist Trophies

Lightvsdark777

Smash Rookie
For context, Lost in Vivo is a relatively recent horror game for the PC released on Steam on November 5th and on Itch.io on October 20th. The game is inspired by Silent Hill, and it shows through enemy and area symbolism as well as the game's soundtrack. In the game, you play as a purposely ambiguous character who goes down into the sewers to search for their service dog after said dog is swept down a storm drain by harsh weather. The Siren is a boss-type character, appearing only in the second to last area of the game.

How would The Siren play in Smash?

I'd imagine The Siren playing somewhat like a heavier version of Donkey Kong in some aspects. One of them being that it has no ranged attacks at its disposal. Because of this, The Siren fares poorly against fighters such as Rosalina and Pit, but favorably against fighters like Little Mac and Young Link.

Moveset

As of now, I've currently got the Specials and Final Smash nailed down for this guy.

Neutral Special: The Siren braces itself, gritting its teeth. Let go of the B button, and it will slam its left hand down on the ground hard. This is a charged attack, and when charged for long enough, the attack can bury opponents.

Side Special: The Siren charges forwards, slamming its hands on the ground as it goes. Unlike its neutral special, this attack cannot bury opponents.

Up Special: A sewer pipe suddenly appears over The Siren, which it promptly crawls into. It quickly scales the pipe, entering a helpless state once emerging from the pipe. Excellent for recovery, but deals no damage.

Down Special: A counterattack, The Siren will raise its hands defensively. If an attack connects to it as this happens, The Siren will grab its opponent and bite their opponent numerous times before throwing them away like a ragdoll. The strength of the attack varies depending on the strength of the attack that hit it.

Final Smash: Soggoth's Army. The Siren will roar and charge forwards. If the attack connects, a cinematic Final Smash begins, with an eel-like creature with arms and a burning halo stands over the opponent(s) before pointing at the victims of the Final Smash. Without warning, The Siren and dozens of wolf-like creatures will descend upon the opponent and maul them, dealing lots of damage before the Final Smash ends, launching the opponent with impressive force. This Final Smash is a reference to an easter egg from Lost in Vivo.

Soggoth

Wolf-like Creature

Assist Trophies

Sotiris

"Savior of rats, the eater of eyes." -Steam Card Description
When summoned, Sotiris will teleport to a random point on the stage, usually close to a fighter other than the summoner. If a fighter other than his summoner makes contact with Sotiris, he will grab said fighter, lift them up and squeeze, dealing at least 12% of damage. This action is visually similar to Ganondorf's Flame Choke, but without the dark pulsing explosion. If the fighter ends up with more than 100% damage, he/she/it will be automatically KO'd. After about forty-five seconds, or when he is KO'd, Sotiris will disappear.

Your Brain

"Pesky little thing. Always putting you down." -Steam Card Description
A relatively rare assist to summon, being about as rare to be summoned as Nikki from Swapnote. When summoned, the stage will zoom out, showing the entire stage, with Your Brain sitting in the lower right corner of the screen. After a few seconds, Your Brain will say one of three of its quotes from Lost in Vivo, with each quote's sentences taking up a different portion of the screen. Fighters other than its summoner that wander into these words will have their damage meter slowly go up, with 1% of damage being added every second the fighter spends behind these words, similar to the flower status. On rare occasions, certain words will be more vivid in color and have a bit of a glitch effect. Fighters that wander into these words in particular take twice as much damage than normal words. After about fifty seconds, Your Brain and its words will disappear.

Quotes (emboldened words are more likely to become 'glitchy'.) :

1. "What are you hoping to accomplish? Without me, you're just hollow. You're pathetic. You need fear to motivate you."
2. "Do you think you're getting better? Does doing this even have a purpose?"
3. "I'm your identity! I'm your crutch! You used to cling to me like a parasite. I know you better than anyone. And I know you're weak. You'll come right back."

Top Bottom