• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking to pick up this character.

EarthBound18

Smash Cadet
I really enjoy Greninja's playstyle but I find it hard to apply the combos and moves he can do. I have bad character control with him he seems to jump to high for my tastes. Any tips, videos on how to do well with Greninja would be cool.

Crudele

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xbulsajawnx
I really enjoy Greninja's playstyle but I find it hard to apply the combos and moves he can do. I have bad character control with him he seems to jump to high for my tastes. Any tips, videos on how to do well with Greninja would be cool.
Greninja can be a bit hard to control because his overall mobility is the bomb. He's got the 2nd highest jump, yet is one of the fastest fallers. Great aerial mobility, super fast dash and walk, etc. I don't think any video or guide can help master his mobility, that takes time and practice. Go hop around in training mode to get a feel for it.

Solid links:
http://smashboards.com/guides/the-kaeru-shinobi-greninja-guide.431/
http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Greninja
Any stickied thread in these forums

Step

Smash Rookie
He is definitely a "practice makes perfect" character, where you really just have to get experience with his movement/aerial speed in order to be able to use them well.

I would also say, for optimal results, remember he is a ninja, not a bruiser, and he performs better when used as one. Use hit-and-run tactics, be elusive and annoying, and wait for your opponent to get impatient and make mistakes, then go in for the kill ^_^

He is a crazy fun character with tons of possibilities! I wish you luck. Let us know if we can help you learn his ways ^_^

Top Bottom