• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking to Form a Smash Bros Free-For-All Tournament for Boise Idaho

Vadise

Smash Rookie
I live in Boise, Idaho, and I don't see much in the way of Tournaments here for SSBU (Super Smash Bros Wii U) anymore, like there used to be back in the day. The game is relatively old now, and I believe people have simply given up playing the game like when they used to. HOWEVER, I believe that young kids are looking for a way to play this game with other people, especially when they don't know many people (Kids these days, like me, are socially disconnected in one way or another.)

First thing's first, I got to buy a Wii U, a Wii U Portable, the Super Smash Bros Wii U game, and purchase all of the downloadable content.

Then, I got to unlock everything. That way, free for all can really be "Free-For-All"

Then, I set up a location to host the game 3 days a week (Do you think that's too little or too much?). I already have the location spotted and I will be asking the owner if I can use it for this purpose (And I am 95 percent sure he will say yes, cause he's a friend of mine) Then I just need to get the place ready for it.

While all this is happening, I need to know exactly a few things:

1. Whenever I host a Tournament on Saturday/Sunday (it depends on which day will work best will little hassle) (The other 2 days, Monday and Wednesday, are for Free-For-All), I will need some general rules, as well as some way to broadcast the tournament. Question 1: What are the general rules for smash brothers. I looked up the rules on Smash Wiki, but there are a few things that I could not understand, like some terms of smash bros, or some of the definitions they gave of some prohibited actions/things. (I have aspergers' syndrome, so sometimes, I need something explained to me in a more simple way for me to fully understand the concept). Question 2: What is prohibited in tournaments? Again, some of the wiki and forum explanations are complex and therefore hard to understand. Question 3: What stages and characters are allowed, unallowed, recommended, and not recommended? The only stages I can think of that are allowed are Battlefield, Final Destination, and Smashville, and the only stage of the three I think is recommended is Final Destination, because of it's simplicity.

2 Number of Players in Tournament Mode: Okay, this may seem like a redundant question, but, as I said before, I need complete and simple explainations given to me before I start something. Okay, back to the question at hand... I need to know if I need more than 4 wii remotes when people play Tournament mode. I ask this because in Brawl (not wii U), when playing with 4 players, you need 4 wii remotes. I haven't tested the 4 player mode yet, so I not sure if you can use 4 wii remotes over and over for each round of players (such as tournament mode allows up to 32 players to play). Besides this, I know that 2 players in 4 player mode cannot compete with more than 2 players in a game due to the fact of three/four players going face to face will need 4 wii remotes. I will test the two player tournament mode in a bit and see if that can answer my question. (playing 1 on 1 with more than 2 players). Also, I heard in Wii U version, up to 8 players (rediculous!) can play at once. Does this mean that tournament mode can have 8 players as well? Does this also mean that tournement mode's maximum player capacity is doubled to 64?

3. Free-For-All: On Monday and Wednesday, when I set up Free-For-All, is there anything I should be aware of that I may not be already aware of? For example, I am aware of people bringing their 3DS to use to play with their characters on the Wii U, as well as I am aware of the possibility of Many people showing up, and thus, needing 4 or more wii remotes. Other than this, what should I look out for?

Thank you guys for clearing this up for me. The smash community is awesome and you know it.

So, as Pit says, "The Fight Is On!"

Background: I played Super Smash Bros for the N64 with my Nephew, Super Smash Bros Melee on my Gamecube (though, the game is now lost/stolen), and Super Smash Bros Brawl for the Wii U. I have managed to beat the game, all the events, unlock everything for Brawl. I don't remember the details for Melee, and I never owned an N64 myself... however, my Nephew does (who's a month younger than I am. I was adopted). I never been in a tournament myself, and, when I was about to, my dad died, and I had to move out of the home to a junk heap. Later on, I moved to a new location, and finally got back into Super Smash Bros Brawl, after losing my Melee disc.

Burke Shaw

Smash Rookie
NNID
burkeshaw
3DS FC
0146-9374-2670
Hey! Sorry for responding really late but I would be interested. Where were you thinking of hosting it?

Riverwind

Smash Rookie
Dood I just signed up for this site looking for one in boise. I'm totally down for this I'm sure you can Google most the stuff I do know it depends on the place you go where the rules vary. Shoot me a message where it's at and I'll totally be down to smash.

Top Bottom