• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Looking for Tourney's on Long Island

ShiftingFates

Smash Rookie
NNID
KittyBankaiNya
3DS FC
1891-2256-4414
Hello dear Smash community! I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good Smash 4 tournaments on the Island!

Any tournament will do, even small ones. I just play this game all the time and think I'm pretty decent so I wanna test my skills in a Tournament. Problem is, it's seems to be hard to find one on the Island, especially with college and work getting in the way.

So if anyone knows of any good Tournaments going on on Long Island, let me know. I might not be able to participate in one until mid May since that's when the Semester ends but at least having some knowledge on where they go on would be great!

Thank you for reading~

-Taru

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I'm a bit late on this, but I'm a local TO and top-of-the-bracket mainstay in the region!

Firstly, join this ASAP:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LIsmash4/?ref=br_tf

That will help you stay updated and enable you to ask questions of the scene.

Now, the main tournaments in the scene are:

Friday Night Smash - I host this every Friday at 6 (registration at 5) in the Deer Park Play n Trade (1934 Deer Park Avenue). Singles only.

Legendary Smash - Biweekly every Saturday at night in Plainview. Singles and doubles.

Next Gen Smash - Weekly every Sunday afternoon in Islip Terrace. Singles and doubles.

Some other tournaments attended in the region, currently to a lesser extent:

Limit Break - A relatively new series happening every Thursday and Sunday in Riverhead. Singles and doubles.

Popnoff - This is a Whitestone, Queens local that occasionally gets some LI attendance. Weekly, singles only.

Lynbrook Tourney (I forget the name) - Happens at a Lynbrook card store on Sundays. Winner take all payout with a strange tourney format. Singles only.

For Glory - A multi game tourney with some Smash 4 attendance in Selden, NY. Takes place a bit later than Next Gen. I'm not entirely sure on their doubles policy.

Hope this helps, and don't be afraid to ask me anything!

Last edited:

XeonZach

Smash Rookie
The For Glory tournament in Selden normally starts around 5 and doubles teams are round robin.

paperchao

Smash Apprentice
NNID
paperchao
Hi, I'm a bit late on this, but I'm a local TO and top-of-the-bracket mainstay in the region!

Firstly, join this ASAP:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/LIsmash4/?ref=br_tf

That will help you stay updated and enable you to ask questions of the scene.

Now, the main tournaments in the scene are:

Friday Night Smash - I host this every Friday at 6 (registration at 5) in the Deer Park Play n Trade (1934 Deer Park Avenue). Singles only.

Legendary Smash - Biweekly every Saturday at night in Plainview. Singles and doubles.

Next Gen Smash - Weekly every Sunday afternoon in Islip Terrace. Singles and doubles.

Some other tournaments attended in the region, currently to a lesser extent:

Limit Break - A relatively new series happening every Thursday and Sunday in Riverhead. Singles and doubles.

Popnoff - This is a Whitestone, Queens local that occasionally gets some LI attendance. Weekly, singles only.

Lynbrook Tourney (I forget the name) - Happens at a Lynbrook card store on Sundays. Winner take all payout with a strange tourney format. Singles only.

For Glory - A multi game tourney with some Smash 4 attendance in Selden, NY. Takes place a bit later than Next Gen. I'm not entirely sure on their doubles policy.

Hope this helps, and don't be afraid to ask me anything!
Hey dude, do you know if there's a ruleset somewhere for legendary smash? I'd like to know if I could use a wired pro controller in tourney, and I can't seem to find it

Last edited:

SeanS

Smash Journeyman
Hey dude, do you know if there's a ruleset somewhere for legendary smash? I'd like to know if I could use a wired pro controller in tourney, and I can't seem to find it
Any tournament that I know of would certainly allow it. Gamepad is technically illegal but still sees use occasionally; a controller like yours that presents no theoretical issue for tourney operation is totally fine.

Top Bottom