• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Looking for offline practice in Queens and NYC area

loincloth

Smash Rookie
I've been putting this off way too long. After getting bodied at my first meatspace tournament(Xeno weekly, I was "loincloth", FWIW if anybody who was there sees this), I am both hungrier than before and keenly aware of how big an adjustment serious, competitive play offline is after you've been trying to make the best of online for over a year.

I currently live in Sunnyside, Queens. I may be moving this Fall but may be staying here. I'd be happy to have folks at my place, and I am also willing to travel around the NYC area. I don't have a car, though.

I have a day job, so nights and weekends are the best times for me.

I mainly play Villager but have dabbled in several characters at various times.

I don't know anyone in the scene too well, so if anybody is interested in this notion but not sure about a stranger, I'd be happy to meet just to get to know each other a little first.

I feel like I've already wasted a lot of time, and rather than try to build a practice group organically, I figured there might be others in my situation or a group looking for more players that might appreciate this. Please let me know if there's a better way/forum to go about this, though.

Thanks!

Dr Professor Mcnasty

Smash Rookie
I've been putting this off way too long. After getting bodied at my first meatspace tournament(Xeno weekly, I was "loincloth", FWIW if anybody who was there sees this), I am both hungrier than before and keenly aware of how big an adjustment serious, competitive play offline is after you've been trying to make the best of online for over a year.

I currently live in Sunnyside, Queens. I may be moving this Fall but may be staying here. I'd be happy to have folks at my place, and I am also willing to travel around the NYC area. I don't have a car, though.

I have a day job, so nights and weekends are the best times for me.

I mainly play Villager but have dabbled in several characters at various times.

I don't know anyone in the scene too well, so if anybody is interested in this notion but not sure about a stranger, I'd be happy to meet just to get to know each other a little first.

I feel like I've already wasted a lot of time, and rather than try to build a practice group organically, I figured there might be others in my situation or a group looking for more players that might appreciate this. Please let me know if there's a better way/forum to go about this, though.

Thanks!
Hi if you are interested Evo Gaming is hosting a Smash Tournament in Flushing, Queens this friday at 2pm-late. If you want you can definetly come and get some casual matches if you want to get more experience for competitions. There will be plently of players and the environement is great and the staff is super friendly. Also one of the event organizers is PAG Octacon who will be casting for our twitch stream. Come by the event will be all day.
http://evogamingnyc.com/events/smash-evolved-1/

loincloth

Smash Rookie
I should have noted this up front, but I was caught up in hype and didn't think it through:

I'm an old man in Smash years and forget sometimes that kids play this game. :p So, as far as potential meetups and hangouts go, no minors, please. It seems simplest and safest that way. Sorry for the confusion, Molano.

On a related note, Dr. Professor, I think I might have looked into that event once, but it doesn't really fit with my day job. I wouldn't be able to get into to Flushing until the event was nearly over. Thanks for the tip, though.

loincloth

Smash Rookie
I see that event is #1, so I guess I must be thinking of another event... the schedule is an issue, at any rate...

Top Bottom