• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for North Georgia Brawlers, and Brawl Tourneys.

Neon304

Smash Apprentice
Im still kind of new to the whole smash community, I never really knew how big it was during Melee's days. (deprived of internet until last Christmas) I wish I could have been a here during the glory days of Melee, but now its time to Brawl. I live in Dahlonega GA, and I am tired of hangin out with rednecks. Im not ready for any of the huge tourneys, so does anyone know where I could find some smaller local tournies?

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Brawl is not very popular in GA, plus the smash scene is sparcely populated at best, since we're all kinda spread out across the state.

If you want brawl tournaments, check out the Waba Games monthlies thread. Thats about the only regular tournament there is in GA.

The rest are usually melee.

Neon304

Smash Apprentice
Thanks guys, *sigh* but someone has already told me about the waba tournies, and its just to far for me.

I guess thats the problem with living in the middle of redneck land. XD

Edit: Maybe I can convince my friends to come with me, (they really need some work though) and we can pool our money for gas, but this idea is a long shot.

How long do you think it will be before the smash bros community finally transists to brawl? They have to upgrade sooner or later. Melee was great, but it cant last forever.

I Dirty I

Smash Rookie
There is one in Augusta on the 30th, not sure how far that is from you though.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
lol dont get people started with a Brawl/Melee argument. If you live too far away, then just start your own little community. I did in my own town. Have like 7 people. Practice, get good, and go win money. OR just try starting a tourny. If you get 10 plus people to go then I'll go to it with friends. Money is money :]

Neon304

Smash Apprentice
I tried hosting a melee tournament once, I had nearly 20 people that were "definatly going" to it, and on the day of the tournament, they all called me and said that they couldn't make it. Counting myself, there were 3 people there.

Top Bottom