• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Ness Sparring Partner

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Hi guys!

I wondering if any of you would be willing to help me out. I really want to practice against Ness but the level 9 CPUs aren't too bright and For Glory isn't reliable. I'm a Pikachu main (and Sonic's my secondary), and this could be mutually beneficial for both of us since you can improve your game against Pikachu (and to a lesser extent, Sonic). Please let me know if you're interested. We can try to work out practice sessions that are convenient for both of us.

Thanks!

Edit: I should also mention that for practices, we would play against each other via "For Friends" online. My NNID is Aakash10.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Unforunately, I have no Wii U, otherwise I'd go ahead and help you out. However, I wouldn't say that FG is unreliable. It's far better than fighting CPU's. CPU's, I feel, teach you to get yourself into a bad habit because of how they play. Eventually you'll figure them out and punish them for everything they've got to offer. I mean, I guess you could say the same about human players as well. But we've got brains and we can think differently when something isn't working. You're better off going against actual people, which is what FG has, even if they're not a bunch of Ness mains on there. If you can't find someone here, try this link. You're bound to find someone who uses Ness. Just sign up and play other people. Unlike FG, you'll be able to get some feedback.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Unforunately, I have no Wii U, otherwise I'd go ahead and help you out. However, I wouldn't say that FG is unreliable. It's far better than fighting CPU's. CPU's, I feel, teach you to get yourself into a bad habit because of how they play. Eventually you'll figure them out and punish them for everything they've got to offer. I mean, I guess you could say the same about human players as well. But we've got brains and we can think differently when something isn't working. You're better off going against actual people, which is what FG has, even if they're not a bunch of Ness mains on there. If you can't find someone here, try this link. You're bound to find someone who uses Ness. Just sign up and play other people. Unlike FG, you'll be able to get some feedback.
Yeah, For Glory is better than CPUs, but I don't meet many Ness players there.
Thanks a lot though! I've never see that ladder before; I think I'll start playing there now! I really appreciate your help! :)

I'm game. NNID: Link24b

I can play pretty much whenever today
Thanks! But I can't play today because I'm busy with homework. But I'll be free around 4 pm PST tomorrow if you're fine with that.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I used the ladder for a bit, but since I have no Wii U, I haven't gone back because I don't think many people play the 3DS version now. And yeah, Ness isn't quite common in FG. I've noticed this whenever I'm online or at my friends house online. Kind of strange considering he is a popular character and also much hated. xD

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, For Glory is better than CPUs, but I don't meet many Ness players there.
Thanks a lot though! I've never see that ladder before; I think I'll start playing there now! I really appreciate your help! :)

Thanks! But I can't play today because I'm busy with homework. But I'll be free around 4 pm PST tomorrow if you're fine with that.
That's 7pm where I live so I think I can

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I used the ladder for a bit, but since I have no Wii U, I haven't gone back because I don't think many people play the 3DS version now. And yeah, Ness isn't quite common in FG. I've noticed this whenever I'm online or at my friends house online. Kind of strange considering he is a popular character and also much hated. xD
Oh, okay. I don't own the 3DS version, so I can't tell you if there are still matches going on haha.
I guess they don't like lag. It can be a real problem sometimes. XD
Lol, I don't see how people could hate Ness. Is it because of PK Fire and his back throw?

That's 7pm where I live so I think I can
Okay, great! I'll send you a message around that time then. Thanks for the help! :)

Top Bottom