• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Melee Training...

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, I suck at Melee. Scrubby Ganon can only get you so far. I would like someone who could teach me about Melee, its metagame, matchups, etc. And then someone who could show me stuff to do, how to do it, and when to do it.

So basically, looking for a Melee teacher. Please?

Purple

Hi guys!
You have a couple of options. All beginning with the same thing

1) train by yourself on your tech skill. Getting your L-Cancels, wavedashing, basic approaches, etc figured out.

If you have money.

2) Spend 30 dollars and get a waba fight club pass. Come often to play against me and tim.

If you don't have money and your parents are okay with it.

2) Hitch a ride to Eugenio's Smashfest with someone and train with them.

or if you don't want to do either.

2) Play against your friends, go to tournaments, etc.

Purple

Hi guys!
melee is different than brawl btw yiff, if you money match good people, they tend to teach you ALOT.

xif, you should also play friendlies. just saying.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
So yeah, I suck at Melee. Scrubby Ganon can only get you so far. I would like someone who could teach me about Melee, its metagame, matchups, etc. And then someone who could show me stuff to do, how to do it, and when to do it.

So basically, looking for a Melee teacher. Please?
watch every melee video ever existed.

I told you to watch Melee videos last time I saw you, and you said you would. Go do it now if you're serious.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
watch every melee video ever existed.

I told you to watch Melee videos last time I saw you, and you said you would. Go do it now if you're serious.
It's hard to find videos of good ganondorfs that aren't choppy or incomplete.

I do plan to get the Waba Fight Club pass at some point.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
why don't you do it now? Scatz got one and got some melee/brawl exp today
...Money Johns.

Gotta convince my Mom that it's a good deal. IT IS. But she's all, "If it covers door fee, then it should cover entry fee." I tell her that that's not a good idea, but she won't listen.

So once my mom stops being a *****, I'll get one.

tubes

Smash Ace
you don't wanna learn Melee, dood. i mean, Tekken 6, Street Fighter 4, and BlazBlue exist.
Nah man those games aren't nearly deep enough.

and @ Yiff: You know you can't just expect someone to hold your hand and force all the knowledge and techskill into your head. If you ask for advice most people will be more than happy to help you but in the end, your the one whose gonna have to sit down and practice wave shines and platform dashes and study matchups and strategies and videos of top level players. Becoming a pro at smash is just like getting all A's in AP courses and being good at anything else in life. It takes work. The classes themselves are not what get you good grades on the tests. You are!

Also, there are plenty of good quality videos of Top level Gannons. Just search RockCrock or Kage or Magus on youtube.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
It's hard to find videos of good ganondorfs that aren't choppy or incomplete.
are you ****ing kidding me?!?!

There are PLENTY of Ganondorf videos online.

Search Chaddd, Kage, Linguini, RockCrock, Renth, Tipman.......
there are also a bunch of other good ganondorfs out there...

And I told you to watch every Melee ever existed. That includes videos besides Ganon vids. You can't get better without seeing things that other characters can do to you. You need to watch -every- video you can possibly find. And don't say "I don't have time". Just watch a few videos a day. It shouldn't be a problem.

Purple

Hi guys!
you don't have to watch every video. just get ***** by a bunch of different people.

alot.

also it's not entry fee, it's pot fee. she needs to understand that if everyone got out of paying pot fee. it would be a free tournament. Good for min, bad for you guys.

if you have money johns that won't change because you won't get a job or your mom won't pay you, and you aren't going to do anything about it to change your melee scenario, you might as well not try.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I generally don't play friendlies at tournaments, I couldn't tell you why I just don't do it. Maybe my tournament matches are about all that I can stomach in the first place.

I'll play for hours during the week if I have the free time.

Oh, and ahem... "camping on green greens" is about the most fail safe way to get me interested in smash. I dunno what it is but every time I do it, smash just seems like the absolute best idea. Plus is increases my power level like 100 fold.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Also, there are plenty of good quality videos of Top level Gannons. Just search RockCrock or Kage or Magus on youtube.
I'll look those guys up, thanks.

are you ****ing kidding me?!?!

There are PLENTY of Ganondorf videos online.

Search Chaddd, Kage, Linguini, RockCrock, Renth, Tipman.......
there are also a bunch of other good ganondorfs out there...

And I told you to watch every Melee ever existed. That includes videos besides Ganon vids. You can't get better without seeing things that other characters can do to you. You need to watch -every- video you can possibly find. And don't say "I don't have time". Just watch a few videos a day. It shouldn't be a problem.
LOL I have lots of time. I'm gonna watch videos now.

Top Bottom