• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for Feedback on a tournament I want to host

PSPDJDavid

Smash Rookie
I'm looking to host a tournament at my college in the next few months, and I'm debating on how to run it best, so I wanted to

ask for any kind of feedback. Here are the topics I'm looking at:

1. Prize money, gifts, etc.
1A. I'm personally not looking to make any kind of money off of this, but at the same time, I do not want to take a huge loss. Currently, I'm trying to keep prices for incoming players as low as possible, so I'm not planning on any kind of prizes.

2. T-Shirts?
2A. I think that having T-Shirts for a tournament would be a great idea, although I don't know how I would sell them. From my searching online, each T-Shirt costs about 9 dollars. There are three choices:

1. Have each participant pay for their own T-Shirt
2. Give a T-Shirt to the top 3 in each division
3. No T-Shirts at all

3. Rules
3A. Each match would play as a best out of three series.
Matches will be chosen as followed: Nine levels will be turned on, and then chosen at random:
Final Destination,
Battlefield,
Corneria,
Yoshi's Story,
Donkey Kong 64,
Fountain of Dreams,
Brinstar,
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

Items will be turned off.

Choosing and switching characters will be completely legal with no restrictions.

Either there will be no time limit, or an 8 minute time limit, with 4 stock.

4. 2 Separate Divisions of play
4A. I've thought about imprementing two separate divisions of play, an A division and a B division, if we are able to get enough players. The A division would be a more serious group of players. Each player could choose which division they would play in.

5. Tournament format
5A. Double elimination

FOCUS: Anything else? Have I missed anything?

Top Bottom