• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

looking for a video/info

Ministry

Smash Ace
hey guys. I'm looking for the video or any information on the reverse up b (straight up) i think axe made a video which included pickachu and sheiks up b. does anyone know where i can find this video or if anyone can help me. im having a lot of trouble. its the only tech i haven't been able to do for 6 years now. i dont know the timing of when to press and let go of the other direction before lifting off.

if no one knows what i'm talking about here is an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaxy8eMRwM4#t=11m30s

any help would be appreciated.

UniClown

Smash Rookie
Here is Axe's post with the video linked http://smashboards.com/threads/reverse-shortened-up-b-recoveries-video-included.273278/

The way I think of executing this tech is to push the stick horizontally in the direction you want to face just past the deadzone. You should feel a slight pushback from the resistance in the stick. If you go straight horizontal, you pushed too far, and if you go straight up without reversing, you didn't push enough.

Ministry

Smash Ace
thanks a lot uniclown. Do i need to keep the stick pressed in the direction. or just press and let go?

UniClown

Smash Rookie
Vanish direction is determined on frame 35. As long as you are holding in the reverse up b area when the game checks during that frame, you're good. That also means you can move to the left or right at the beginning of your up b and then still hit the reverse up b (it's just trickier)

Top Bottom