• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

looking for a "teacher"

Lildan596

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lildan596
3DS FC
2079-8914-2686
Hey guys im looking for someone who is good and that make help me get better, im not bad at the game I think im alright but i just want to learn how to get better (tech and overall) and personally im looking for someone who would want to do vioce chat on skype while we play if anyone is down please lmk (pm 3.5 full set hackless I think)

Adm_Will

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that every philosopher ever has stated that the best teacher one can have is yourself. No one can motivate you to practice the tedious better than you can, and in the end that's what it comes down to.

And to be honest, asking/finding people better than you and playing against will also go farther than them giving you tips because you'll see and understand why what they would tell you is important rather than you just remembering something.

ilysm

sleepy
I'm not sure that's what they're asking, though. I think they're asking for a training partner. I.e, someone who can give them advice after or during actual sets, which is a great way to get better.

I'd be happy to play some WiFi matches when I get the chance over the next few days, but I'm afraid I can't do Skype atm. I could PM you with feedback afterwards, though! In the future, you could also go to the WiFi matchmaking thread to find opponents. My friend code is 4129-1694-8159. Happy hunting! :)

Lildan596

Smash Apprentice
NNID
lildan596
3DS FC
2079-8914-2686
I'm not sure that's what they're asking, though. I think they're asking for a training partner. I.e, someone who can give them advice after or during actual sets, which is a great way to get better.

I'd be happy to play some WiFi matches when I get the chance over the next few days, but I'm afraid I can't do Skype atm. I could PM you with feedback afterwards, though! In the future, you could also go to the WiFi matchmaking thread to find opponents. My friend code is 4129-1694-8159. Happy hunting! :)
yea exactly im looking for a training partner and ill add you private message me please!

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Good luck finding anyone. But honestly, if you're looking for a "teacher" I'd honestly recommend going to your local Smash community, and trying to figuratively hunt one down. It might take a while, I don't really have a teacher per se, but they do sometimes act like one, they just don't necessarily call themselves by this name.

Top Bottom