• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking back...

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
With smash 4 being out for 6-7 months now, How do you see brawl now? Better or worse? (Do not compare graphics, stages, trophies, items, etc. Only characters, game modes, etc.) To me, brawl is good in some ways... Mainly subspace, events, and classic mode.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I believe Super Smash Bros. Brawl is still relevant given how many Wii's are out in the wild and the fact that it can also be played on the Wii U. However, I think it'd be smart of Nintendo to finally make it a Selects title and drop the price down to $19.99 in North America. That way Brawl and by extension Project M can peacefully continue to coexist with Sm4sh for a long time. In a way, a $19.99 iteration of a Smash game would act as a low risk introduction to the SSB franchise for those who still haven't experimented with the series. Brawl could be a gateway to Sm4sh for those who eventually want to experience HD graphics and officially supported on-line play. Just my 2 cents. ;)

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
It is definitely worse in some ways but Brawl has an undeniable charm unmatchable by any other titles in the series, I feel.

Top Bottom