• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking at buying a new Laptop

mazhaoshen

Smash Cadet
I'm looking into buying a new laptop, but after several hours of research I can't decide between two options.

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6600
Mobility 512MB NVIDIA 8600GT Video
2 GB RAM

or

Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 Mobile CPU
Mobility 512MB NVIDIA 8600GT Video
2 GB RAM

I want it to be able to run Oblivion pretty smoothly. Both of them are pretty similar in price, but it's really the processor I can't tell the difference between.

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
You might want to take a closer look at the video card. Check if its 512mb dedicated memory or 256mb dedicated and 256mb shared memory.

Sensai

Smash Master
The LX-785 looks to be the better deal, IMO...

Is the computer a desktop replacement? Or do you want it to be portable? How important is screen space (not the resolution, but how big the actual screen is)? How about hard drive space?

And welcome to the boards!

ericfynn

Smash Rookie
For buying a laptos the most common question we get around here is simple: "What laptop should I buy?" Being a generally difficult person by nature, I usually respond with my own series of questions: "What size screen do you want? How much do you want to spend?" and so on.

Top Bottom