• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Longtime Scrub Waiting for Smash 4

Laserbeamed

Smash Cadet
Hey there, call me Laserbeam (or Beam for short). I may have made an account here before but I knew the email was purged so I just made this one. No one would have remembered me anyway so it is all good. I've never been to a tournament before, but did get competitive within a small group of guys at college (we played Melee then Brawl daily... not tournament good but maybe close after a while). I played the N64 smash ages ago but that was pretty casual.

Funny story, I ended up buying two copies of Brawl despite not owning a Wii at any point (the second was a replacement when the first was erroneously considered lost). I bought the game to play on a friend's system. After 2008 or 2009 I relied on playing on this person's Wii for my Smash fix... as a consequence I'd be lucky to play two days total in a year (or less). So I definitely lost whatever competitive edge I had. (~2008 I had the best match of my life* but it went downhill not too long after this time frame.)

As I glance over at my in-the-box Wii U in the corner that has been there since 2012, I know I can finally play the game a lot once again, which has me pretty excited. I do lament not having 5+ people to walk down the hall to and just battle every day. I live in Virginia and I'm not sure what sort of scene there is. For some reason I feel like NC and MD are bigger areas.

For my characters, I liked Roy and Luigi in Melee. Let me try to remember the Brawl cast I used. It was like five characters I was comfortable with. Luigi, Falco (I had one fun match where my friend couldn't touch me and almost threw his controller), Ice Climbers (I do NOT chain grab with them... saw videos on that recently...gross), Dedede (we did 4 player Dedede battles sometimes...recommend it if you never have) and I guess Diddy Kong.

I'm not sure what else to say. I look forward to getting to know you all and hope we can meet up one day in a tournament. Cheers.

*I always mained Luigi when I played Melee, and this other guy on campus always kicked my tail with Fox. Day in and day out. I could never beat him. He was just too good. This went on for a couple years til Brawl came out. My Luigi was able to beat his Wolf and really I wish I had recorded it... it was just stupidly lucky or something, not sure. It was beautiful though.

Top Bottom