• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LOL @ Nintendo stealing the name for the Smash Bros series...WTF is Super Smash TV?

iMichael

Smash Lord
@.o don't play around like that, I'd be so mad if he was the last 3rd part rep lol good find though. Sega just wished they had masterminds like Nintendo has and can make some decent games lol

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
actually, im pretty sure that game was a sequel to a previous game simply titled smash tv. they just added 'super' to the front because thats what all the cool arcade games do.

smash bros is titled 'super smash bros' becuase they wanted the name to be recongnized/associated with super mario bros (im guessing).

i dont think they were looking through old arcade games for the title of their game.

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
@.o don't play around like that, I'd be so mad if he was the last 3rd part rep lol good find though. Sega just wished they had masterminds like Nintendo has and can make some decent games lol
What are you some 14 year old kid, who just started playing games last gen? Sega has made some of the best games of all time.

And on-topic, they didn't really steal the name, just because two words in the title are the same. Nintendo used to always have "Super" in the names of games (super Mario,super metroid,etc) and smash refers to the attacks in the games being "powerful".

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
... Nintendo didn't steal the name at all. Smash TV was an arcade game, and like someone mentioned already, "Super" was put in front of a lot of game titles for sequels (and of course during the SNES era).

This thread's title gives me an absolute headache.

iMichael

Smash Lord
What are you some 14 year old kid, who just started playing games last gen? Sega has made some of the best games of all time.

And on-topic, they didn't really steal the name, just because two words in the title are the same. Nintendo used to always have "Super" in the names of games (super Mario,super metroid,etc) and smash refers to the attacks in the games being "powerful".
No, I'm not a 14 year-old kid. I've been playing games for a looonnnggg time. What are some of the BEST games sega has made of all time? Enlighten me. I'll help you out, SONIC!.

Earthworm Jim - Fail
Super Booger man(his name I think) - Fail
Lion King - Fail
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics - Fail
Sonic Riders - Fail

SEE

Mario and his entourage couldn't even help the blue hedgehog and his team.

I really wanna hear this, please reply back.

I'm not trying to become your enemy or anything like that. This is all my opinion, I don't HATE Sega, I just think that their games aren't as good as they could be.

Life Ruiner

Smash Apprentice
sigh,

I could just say Shenmue and it would be enough.

Panzer Dragoon(!)
Shenmue
Phantasy Star / Phantasy Star Online
Golden Axe
Sonic
Toejam and Earl
Ecco The Dolphin
Virtua Fighter
Daytona USA
NiGHTS
Samba de Amigo
Jet Set Radio