• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lol....character poll in disscussion board

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
member when a lot of people said ike sucked?...i do...
when ever i brought up ike somewhere id get flamed....people quoted gimpy say ike is garbage tier and mostly everyone agreed besides ike die hards......
now look at the character poll in general brawl disscussion.....look where ike is.. yea its also for fav characters but ur fav is who ull main......go on check were ike is

that reallly pisses me off people saw how good ike is and now people want to main him now... i was hoping not a lot of people would use him....it did seem like that a month ago....but it seems a lot of people will main whos good...like fox.....and falco...and marth....ike is next? anyone..anyone...

but idc ikes cool, i wanted to main him since he was annonced AND i lucked out that he turned out good....
but seriously check the poll its stickied
how does it make u feel? do u agree with me? disagree? or am i pissed ( im not i just think its funny )

thxs for reading to anyone who can bear with me....oh yea.....IKE FOR GOD TIER XD

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
Man, this isn't meant to be mean..but you need some serious grammar improvements. That was so painful to read.

Anyways, I'm sure that the initial hype provided by the new characters will die down, and when tournament play legitimately starts and a tier list is established, people will play the characters that dominate the metagame.

As for me, I'll play Ike (as he is my favorite new character) but I won't let that get in the way of me being competative. I'll try my best to be competative with Ike, but as any smash player knows, there is only so much you can do with your character.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
lol yea my grammar is ok when im replying but the longer i have to post the only one to understand what i wrote is me...lol

but yea ill try as hard as i can to play competitve ike and mlg but ike is after SONIC by far the most popular character....WTF!!!!

but pretty much what u said i second it

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I won't mind how many people use Ike as long as I'm best with him. =P

Locke66

Smash Cadet
I loved roy in melee regardless of his shortcomings, so I planned on trying my best with Ike in brawl. I think part of why certain characters dominate the tournaments is that people tend to follow the crowd and stick with characters that other people have already figured out how to play. Look at players like Chudat- they prove that while yes, some characters are a bit better, the rest of the characters are not unusable. I think that people need to keep this in mind before deciding only to play "top tier" characters.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yea me too ZAR.....duh duh duhhhhhhhhh....>.>

ur exactly right locke i saw a mlg DK vs fox tho the fox wasnt like pc chris, m2k or ken but it was the finals and DK *****

ikeuser9720

Smash Cadet
On Tellius, fighting alongside Ike in an epic batt
I don't care about tier lists. I play who I like.

I sucked really bad at Roy at first in melee. I liked him though, so I adapted my play style and practiced with him until I could use him to take on my friend who only uses Fox.

I planned on doing the same with Ike the day he was announced before people said he sucked, and before people said he was good, because I like him.

Locke66

Smash Cadet
You got to remember that Ike is nothing like roy but I get what your saying.
I know that roy is different, but i feel that ike is sort of the spiritual successor to roy. He's got teh phire!!!1! But anyway, he's more focused on power than speed, is the manlier FE rep, and seems to have roy's attitude. Since there is no roy in brawl, Ike is the closest thing.

Also, roy is waaay more similar to ike than to fox. They are both heavy(ish for roy) sword users. Fox is a space animal.

reothepenguin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah my rival ssbmasterfox is a fox user, GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

I guess you could say that. But you can't disagree that they are different. Whole new character, whole new ballgame.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I don't think Ike is at all like Roy. In fact, I hated Roy in Melee, I used Marth. =P

Ike is a completely new character; he's also completely badass. xD

Locke66

Smash Cadet
gah i never tried to say they were the same character. All i'm saying is that i will miss roy, and ike will ease that pain! but yes, ike looks badass in new and exciting ways.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Haha, don't worry, I was agreeing with you. And yeah, his taunts are especially badass. =)

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
my best friend was a roy user but he knew he wouldnt be in SSBB he was also my 2nd in ssbm
....hid fsmash was so......satisfying

but yea...

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
I planned on using Ike ever since he was announced. In fact, I went to the Japanese site where Sakurai was taking votes on character suggestions and suggested Ike as a playable character.

So either way, I was gonna use him. Glad to see he's awesome, as well.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Dude I know, look at Olimar to, i was one of the few that was sticking by him, then we found out how amazing he was and from that point on people just joined in agreement....

I hate those people.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
could u tell me bout pikmin...i was really interested in him but i was wondering if someone in my little smash community should main him...

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
das wut i dont like but i deal with it anyways but i think its just funny....

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
member when a lot of people said ike sucked?...i do...
when ever i brought up ike somewhere id get flamed....people quoted gimpy say ike is garbage tier and mostly everyone agreed besides ike die hards......
now look at the character poll in general brawl disscussion.....look where ike is.. yea its also for fav characters but ur fav is who ull main......go on check were ike is

that reallly pisses me off people saw how good ike is and now people want to main him now... i was hoping not a lot of people would use him....it did seem like that a month ago....but it seems a lot of people will main whos good...like fox.....and falco...and marth....ike is next? anyone..anyone...

but idc ikes cool, i wanted to main him since he was annonced AND i lucked out that he turned out good....
but seriously check the poll its stickied
how does it make u feel? do u agree with me? disagree? or am i pissed ( im not i just think its funny )

thxs for reading to anyone who can bear with me....oh yea.....IKE FOR GOD TIER XD

DUDE!!!! tahts the same as me!!!!!! i kept telling ppl ike didnt suck, and that ppl were being biased, and i never believed gimpy because he was being biased lol! glad sum1 else was thinking the same thing

True Fool

Smash Ace
He got announced, I was glad. It turned out he was slow, I was a little upset. I still wanted to use him, and if he turned out to be the bottom-tier character I use, like Ness in Melee, I would have been okay. Now it seems he's much improved from E4all, and I'm very happy.

I am a fan of every sword character in Brawl, and Ike definitely looks like a great one.

Top Bottom